Question Logi. G910 Spectrum keey issuees

Good day everyone. Having a little problem with my 3 1/2 yr. old Logitech 910. The title is not intentionally mis-spelled, it reepresents the problem: I am very frequently getting double and triple key strokes as i type wiith only one press of the key (obvious herein). Usuall suspects, as seen, are i e space bar and occasionally oother letters. Honestly folks, I am not doing the doubling on purpose; and a search shows that others have had this problem also. And yes, it is intermittent.
I have removed the key caps and cleaned wiith IsoPro. alcohol as best possible and blown everything out with compressed air. No real change.
Using my old G510 the problem does not occur. Using a friends Razer Blackwiidow, problem doesn''t occur.
I suspect the KB is nearing end of life; a pity because I used a g15 until I couldn't read the keys anymore, and my 510 was in use for about 5 years+ and still works. I just sort of fell in love with mechanical keys and think these should have lasted longer.
ANY suggestions or comments or opinions welcome as to dealing with this problem; Anyone else had this issue? I'd kinda like to avoid the expense of another keyboard.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Good day everyone. Having a little problem with my 3 1/2 yr. old Logitech 910. The title is not intentionally mis-spelled, it reepresents the problem: I am very frequently getting double and triple key strokes as i type wiith only one press of the key (obvious herein). Usuall suspects, as seen, are i e space bar and occasionally oother letters. Honestly folks, I am not doing the doubling on purpose; and a search shows that others have had this problem also. And yes, it is intermittent.
I have removed the key caps and cleaned wiith IsoPro. alcohol as best possible and blown everything out with compressed air. No real change.
Using my old G510 the problem does not occur. Using a friends Razer Blackwiidow, problem doesn''t occur.
I suspect the KB is nearing end of life; a pity because I used a g15 until I couldn't read the keys anymore, and my 510 was in use for about 5 years+ and still works. I just sort of fell in love with mechanical keys and think these should have lasted longer.
ANY suggestions or comments or opinions welcome as to dealing with this problem; Anyone else had this issue? I'd kinda like to avoid the expense of another keyboard.
I would think your looking at replacing the switches for those keys.
Used my 510s for about 10 years now and still love it.

You can buy 4 from EBay for about 10 bucks but they ship from China or from this video he switched with other keys on the keyboard that he never used much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFdTYnPxDyA