[SOLVED] Logitech G-Hub question

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Looking to hear from any of you Logitech G-Hub users if it can control older devices, specifically the G700s wireless mouse that uses Logitechs gaming software. I have the G105 keyboard that's about ready to crap out and I'm interested in replacing it with a G815, but I don;t want to have to run both the gaming software and G-Hub at the same time. The sticky here says it MAY support older devices but most of it is about the fact that G-Hub doesn't uninstall the gaming software program and that you shouldn't run them both together. I love this mouse and am not switching it out until it dies. I'll get some other brand of keyboard if I have to before I get another mouse just because of software issues.

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Thanks. Looks like it should have been made backwards compatible with the G700s by now. Or at least they said they're trying to meet that goal by the end of 2019. Guess who's getting a new keyboard for Christmas? Awww santa is such a swell guy. :giggle:

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
HI,

How can i set it up for Logitech G613 keyboards in G-HUB program this?
G1 button = Ctrl+C
G2 button = Ctrl+V
In G-hub click on the picture of the keyboard. In the upper left click the + symbol called assignments. Then click Macros. Then create new macros button. Name the macro. Select the type of macro between the 4 options, usually it'll be no repeat. Then click start now. Then click Record keystrokes. Click and hold ctrl and C then let go. If you did it right you'll see Ctrl +C in its own red rectangle. Then click stop recording. Then click save on the bottom and you'll see the new macro in the upper left. Drag click the new macro and carry it over to the G1 button and let go. Repeat the similar thing for Ctrl V and then you're done.

FYI. G-hub is GARBAGE. Truly embarrassing for Logitech. If G-hub problems had its own subreddit on reddit you'd probably see multiple posts complaining about it daily. Comparing G-hub with the previous software Logitech gaming software, strikes me as the old saying "sometimes you need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards." Only Logitech forgot the latter part of that. In the short amount of time I've owned this since November, I've already had to reinstall it 3 times. Twice because after checking out the screen sampler lighting mode it gave me a black screen that nothing I could do could rid of. It wasn't hung up mind you, it acted like it was suppose to be black, as in you'd start G-hub, it would load like normal, then the screen would turn black. Reinstalling was the only thing that would fix it. The first time I had to reinstall it cost me the complex lighting animation I spent literally hours making. I can't remember what happened for the third reinstall but it was necessary.
I now never do literally ANYTHING with G-hub without backing up the settings.json file first. When you back that up you can now copy it back over after reinstalling and you'll be back where you were before errasing everything with the reinstall. You can find the settings.json file in C: or wherever your main drive is. Users. Whatever you've named your PC. Appdata. Local. LGHUB. Then copy the settings.json over to wherever. It's rather a pain in that it shouldn't be necessary to do this but you'll thank yourself for doing it after you inevitably have to start over with a fresh install.
And no, G-hub can't control my G700s mouse. I have to have both G-hub and LGS running at the same time for this keyboard and mouse combo. Which now doesn't bother me as much since if I could I'd run both with LGS instead.

Fix your <Mod Edit> Logitech!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 11, 2021
In G-hub click on the picture of the keyboard. In the upper left click the + symbol called assignments. Then click Macros. Then create new macros button. Name the macro. Select the type of macro between the 4 options, usually it'll be no repeat. Then click start now. Then click Record keystrokes. Click and hold ctrl and C then let go. If you did it right you'll see Ctrl +C in its own red rectangle. Then click stop recording. Then click save on the bottom and you'll see the new macro in the upper left. Drag click the new macro and carry it over to the G1 button and let go. Repeat the similar thing for Ctrl V and then you're done.

FYI. G-hub is GARBAGE. Truly embarrassing for Logitech. If G-hub problems had its own subreddit on reddit you'd probably see multiple posts complaining about it daily. Comparing G-hub with the previous software Logitech gaming software, strikes me as the old saying "sometimes you need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards." Only Logitech forgot the latter part of that. In the short amount of time I've owned this since November, I've already had to reinstall it 3 times. Twice because after checking out the screen sampler lighting mode it gave me a black screen that nothing I could do could rid of. It wasn't hung up mind you, it acted like it was suppose to be black, as in you'd start G-hub, it would load like normal, then the screen would turn black. Reinstalling was the only thing that would fix it. The first time I had to reinstall it cost me the complex lighting animation I spent literally hours making. I can't remember what happened for the third reinstall but it was necessary.
I now never do literally ANYTHING with G-hub without backing up the settings.json file first. When you back that up you can now copy it back over after reinstalling and you'll be back where you were before errasing everything with the reinstall. You can find the settings.json file in C: or wherever your main drive is. Users. Whatever you've named your PC. Appdata. Local. LGHUB. Then copy the settings.json over to wherever. It's rather a pain in that it shouldn't be necessary to do this but you'll thank yourself for doing it after you inevitably have to start over with a fresh install.
And no, G-hub can't control my G700s mouse. I have to have both G-hub and LGS running at the same time for this keyboard and mouse combo. Which now doesn't bother me as much since if I could I'd run both with LGS instead.

Fix your <Mod Edit> Logitech!!!!

Ohhhhh! Very Thanks NadeMagnet69! :D :D :D :D