Question Logitech G302 mouse problem ; My bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2020
Hello. my logitech G302 mouse had a left-click micro switch problem so i opened it and sprayed some dry contact cleaner (dry cleaner spray) into the micro switches (learned it from youtube).After that i assembled the mouse and plugged in ; now i have a bigger problem! I don't have curser now. it goes to the lower left corner, under the start ( windows ) button and i can't move it or even see it.when i click the mouse's left button, the start menu opens... .the LEDs of mouse blink and don't have the right lighting pattern of g302 .I removed logitech driver and the problem still there.I am 100% sure that i didn't damage anything inside the mouse. I'd appreciate any solution you could give me.PLEASE look at the videos of problem HERE .

Ralston18

Titan
What "dry cleaner" spray did you use?

Try another known working mouse on your computer. Another G302 if at all possible. Or at least a similar mouse as best you can obtain.

Try your G302 mouse on another known working computer.

Determine if the cursor and LED problems follow the mouse or stay with the host computer.

If the problems follow the mouse, the mouse may indeed be damaged somewhere you cannot see.

Reactions: parsa0192
Jul 11, 2020
What "dry cleaner" spray did you use?

Try another known working mouse on your computer. Another G302 if at all possible. Or at least a similar mouse as best you can obtain.

Try your G302 mouse on another known working computer.

Determine if the cursor and LED problems follow the mouse or stay with the host computer.

If the problems follow the mouse, the mouse may indeed be damaged somewhere you cannot see.
nice tips. I will test the mouse on another computer but i'm not able to provide another G302.Maybe i plugged in the mouse when its chipset was wet.This is the picture of the cleaner : View: https://imgur.com/SteXEFI

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure (full disclosure) what to suggest next.

However, I am a bit unsure about the Tuner 600 cleaner you applied....

Compare what you know about that product to other similar contact cleaners.

E.g. WD-40:

https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/

If the product you applied removes oxide and sulfur then who knows what the contents of that can may have done to then innards of the mouse.....

Reactions: parsa0192
Oct 16, 2020
Hi. I have the exact same problem with my friend's G302 Daedalus Prime. Same LED lighting blinking/stuttering pattern and the cursor always goes to the bottom left corner

Tested on 2 Windows 10 PC as well as Windows 7. Always goes to the bottom left

The only thing that was done before the problem occurred is that the outside was wiped down with an isopropyl alchohol swab to get rid of sweat stains/gunk

After dismantling it and making sure everything is alright problem still persists. Tried reinstalling drivers and also connecting to Logitech G Hub as well as Logitech Gaming Software but to no avail

@parsa0192 Have you fix yours?

Hi. I have the exact same problem with my friend's G302 Daedalus Prime. Same LED lighting blinking/stuttering pattern and the cursor always goes to the bottom left corner

Tested on 2 Windows 10 PC as well as Windows 7. Always goes to the bottom left

The only thing that was done before the problem occurred is that the outside was wiped down with an isopropyl alchohol swab to get rid of sweat stains/gunk

After dismantling it and making sure everything is alright problem still persists. Tried reinstalling drivers and also connecting to Logitech G Hub as well as Logitech Gaming Software but to no avail

@parsa0192 Have you fix yours?

Replace the mouse, most likely thing is that this alcohol swab was a bit too wet and liquid seeped inside or the sensor area was also wiped down for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.