[SOLVED] Logitech G430 making buzzing noise when playing low frequencies.

Max_Pare

Reputable
May 13, 2016
A couple weeks ago my 2 months old L̶o̶g̶i̶s̶c̶a̶m̶ Logitech G430 headset's left headphone started doing a buzzing noise when playing any frequency below ~82hz.
I reinstalled every driver but i doubt it's a software issue. Is there anything i can do to possibly fix this annoying issue? I can take them a part if i need to, Logitech's warranty doesnt cover items bought on Amazon, so i cannot get a replacement (this is the second pair of g430 i get btw, the first one broke within 5 days of buying it for absolutely no reason and i got it replaced by amazon).

Solution
Resonance....

If the headset worked for two weeks then I would think that something inside has come loose.

Even though the headset's range goes down to 20Hz it would not surprise me that continued low frequency use would eventually cause a problem.

As a matter of elimination have you tried other known working headphones on the host device? Or tried the G430 on another audio device?

Determine if the problem stays with the headset or the audio source being used.

Can you make the "buzzing noise" stop by gently squeezing or twisting the left headphone? Maybe some pressure point will reduce or end the noise.

Ralston18

Titan
Resonance....

If the headset worked for two weeks then I would think that something inside has come loose.

Even though the headset's range goes down to 20Hz it would not surprise me that continued low frequency use would eventually cause a problem.

As a matter of elimination have you tried other known working headphones on the host device? Or tried the G430 on another audio device?

Can you make the "buzzing noise" stop by gently squeezing or twisting the left headphone? Maybe some pressure point will reduce or end the noise.

Solution

Max_Pare

Reputable
May 13, 2016
Resonance....

Alright so.
The problem persists whether i play sounds from my pc or phone with or without the usb sound card.
If i stick my finger between my ear and the headphone and push past the cover the rattling stops, which confirms your theory.