[SOLVED] Logitech HD C270 works on zoom but not discord or windows camera app

FireLizard2001

Prominent
Jun 6, 2022
Hey. So I recently purchased a new webcam and I wanted to be able to use it to stream to my friends and hop on video calls.
However, when I plugged it in and tried to turn on my camera, I got an infinite loading screen or just a black screen depending on the app.

I've tried updating device drivers, unplugging all my other USBs, and changing which port it is plugged into. I've made sure that its permissions are all correct and it can be used. Basically all the stuff you can find from a google search on why isn't my camera working.

That being said, I've noticed it works on some apps. Zoom has no problem loading the video, while discord does. The Logitech Camera Settings app also displays the video, but the Windows Camera app does not.
I have also made sure that the settings for those individual apps and also within those individual apps are set properly.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thank you very much.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please state the version(not edition) of your OS. Does the webcam show up in Device Manager without an exclamation mark flagging an error? As for your build, can you parse specs to it, to give us more context on what you're working with?

Reactions: FireLizard2001

FireLizard2001

Prominent
Jun 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please state the version(not edition) of your OS. Does the webcam show up in Device Manager without an exclamation mark flagging an error? As for your build, can you parse specs to it, to give us more context on what you're working with?

Hi! I am on windows 10, My OS build is 19044.1645, just in case that isn't right, the build version is 21H2.
In my device manager it does show up, under Imaging Devices as Logitech HD Webcam C270. There is no error or exclamation mark.

Heres a copy paste of the info from About My PC

Device name Alpha
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID A00E5596-33FF-487A-8928-92296169BBD6
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA399
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎18/‎2021
OS build 19044.1645
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
Hi! I am on windows 10, My OS build is 19044.1645, just in case that isn't right, the build version is 21H2.
In my device manager it does show up, under Imaging Devices as Logitech HD Webcam C270. There is no error or exclamation mark.

Heres a copy paste of the info from About My PC

Device name Alpha
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID A00E5596-33FF-487A-8928-92296169BBD6
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA399
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎18/‎2021
OS build 19044.1645
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
If you are using generic drivers supplied by the Win10 OS, stop using them. You will have to 'fish' for the right driver on Logitech's website. Then set it up in the Win10 OS Settings.

I use Win11 and have the Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam. I had the same problem when I tried to use OS drivers. Where some things would work but, other things would not.

FireLizard2001

Prominent
Jun 6, 2022
If you are using generic drivers supplied by the Win10 OS, stop using them. You will have to 'fish' for the right driver on Logitech's website. Then set it up in the Win10 OS Settings.

I use Win11 and have the Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam. I had the same problem when I tried to use OS drivers. Where some things would work but, other things would not.

Thank you for the response, however I am unable to resolve my issue. When I look on logitechs website, there is no driver download, though I did find a post, located here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/c...t-find-a-driver-for-the-logitech-webcam-C270-

and this post states that the drivers come preinstalled on the hardware. As such, while I would like to switch the driver, I dont know how, or if it even is currently using the Win10 OS supplied driver for it. I also don't quite know how to "set up the drivers in Win10 OS settings"

Sorry I am a bit uninformed but the help is appreciated.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
Thank you for the response, however I am unable to resolve my issue. When I look on logitechs website, there is no driver download, though I did find a post, located here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/c...t-find-a-driver-for-the-logitech-webcam-C270-

and this post states that the drivers come preinstalled on the hardware. As such, while I would like to switch the driver, I dont know how, or if it even is currently using the Win10 OS supplied driver for it. I also don't quite know how to "set up the drivers in Win10 OS settings"

Sorry I am a bit uninformed but the help is appreciated.
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024361233

That link lists all of Logitech's driver software.

My webcam also said the drivers were installed in the hardware.

D/l and install this one: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298133

Let me know what happens. That is the one that worked for me.

FireLizard2001

Prominent
Jun 6, 2022
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024361233

That link lists all of Logitech's driver software.

My webcam also said the drivers were installed in the hardware.

D/l and install this one: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298133

Let me know what happens. That is the one that worked for me.

Thank you so much for your help. The link you shared pointed me to download the Logitech G HUB software which when I launched didn't really do anything. However, I did end up finding the answer and solving my issue!!! Which I wouldn't have been able to do without your help.

I will share what I did and where I found the answer.

I did need to switch which driver was selected for the camera. And once I did the following steps, my device manager recognized it as a camera instead of an imaging device and now it works across everything.

HD Webcam C270 – Logitech Support + Download
Here’s how to install native UVC drivers for your Logitech webcam:
  1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Imaging devices.
  3. Locate the name of your Logitech camera in the list and right-click on it.
  4. Select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Check Show compatible hardware, and then select USB Video Device.
  8. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
Once again thank you so much : )

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
Thank you so much for your help. The link you shared pointed me to download the Logitech G HUB software which when I launched didn't really do anything. However, I did end up finding the answer and solving my issue!!! Which I wouldn't have been able to do without your help.

I will share what I did and where I found the answer.

I did need to switch which driver was selected for the camera. And once I did the following steps, my device manager recognized it as a camera instead of an imaging device and now it works across everything.

HD Webcam C270 – Logitech Support + Download
Here’s how to install native UVC drivers for your Logitech webcam:
  1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Imaging devices.
  3. Locate the name of your Logitech camera in the list and right-click on it.
  4. Select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Check Show compatible hardware, and then select USB Video Device.
  8. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
Once again thank you so much : )
My pleasure:bounce: