Question Logitech Multimedia 2.1 speakers Z213 - Not working at all

zolah

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Hello and thank you for reading my post, I am currently trying to figure out how to get my new logitech speakers to work with my PC. I am pretty good with computers and can usually figure problems out and troubleshoot, but am totally unable to figure this out. I have tried reinstalling the sound drivers multiple times, I've used windows automated troubleshooting tool and have had no luck at all. I am seriously confused as to what to do next. These speakers aren't anything over the top its just a left and right speaker with a subwoofer. A simple upgrade from my old setup, I have made sure they are setup properly and I've plugged directly into the back of my computer into the green output. I have been noticing a lot of other people have had similar issues online and the things they've done to fix them have worked for them, but unfortunately not me. This is my last resort and I am seriously considering throwing them off my balcony. I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8350 19 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 (CPU 1) 33 °C
Graphics
23MP75 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte) 31 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA ) 32 °C
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD)) 35 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40 SATA CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I am pretty good with computers and can usually figure problems out and troubleshoot, but am totally unable to figure this out. I have tried reinstalling the sound drivers multiple times, I've used windows automated troubleshooting tool and have had no luck at all. I am seriously confused as to what to do next.

If you're as good as you say you are, then you must know, that you have analog speakers, which doesn't need any kind of software to work. As long as you can output sound to the back 3.5mm jack, you're good.

So, do you have 2nd device with 3.5mm jack, so you can 1st test if you get any audio from it? E.g headphones/2nd speaker?

AMD FX-8350 19 °C

Your CPU is sitting at 19C? I don't think so.

What CPU cooler you have and what is your ambient temps?

zolah

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Sorry for getting back so late, got busy with some things. Haven't gotten around to checking this. I'll test the output jack right now. Those are the temps I am getting from "Speccy"

zolah

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
If you're as good as you say you are, then you must know, that you have analog speakers, which doesn't need any kind of software to work. As long as you can output sound to the back 3.5mm jack, you're good.

So, do you have 2nd device with 3.5mm jack, so you can 1st test if you get any audio from it? E.g headphones/2nd speaker?

Just tested with some headphones, works fine

zolah

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Ok good to know, and yes the speakers are turned on and the green light is on. I also plugged my headphones into the headphone jack on the remote controller. I noticed there was sound coming out, but it was very, very low. Could barely hear anything

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I also plugged my headphones into the headphone jack on the remote controller. I noticed there was sound coming out, but it was very, very low. Could barely hear anything

Volume control wheel could be the issue.

I too have Logitech 2.1 speakers with the same wired remote with volume control wheel. And i have to fine tune and gently move the sound control wheel for sound to be heard at normal levels (not too quiet or not too loud). Then again, my Logitech 2.1 speakers are easy 15+ years old and have seen all kinds of abuse (they were initially used on construction sites, as part of the sound system and saw all kinds of construction dust). Now i have it in my garage, where temps can drop below 0C during winter time. But they still work. :cheese: Only the volume control wheel is finicky.

Reactions: zolah

zolah

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Hey man, turns out the speakers were not working at all. It had nothing to do with the computer or how I was setting it up. I bought the speakers used from amazon, so I am returning them and leaving an amazing review :tearsofjoy:. I bought a set of new logitech speakers similar to the ones I bought used. the z313 version and I was able to plug and play. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it!!

Reactions: dudio

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I bought the speakers used from amazon
Buying cheap, used stuff, comes "as is" and there is 0 guarantee that they have to work. Positive side of this, is cheap price.

I, personally, would buy new stuff, since i have a guarantee that they have to work and as long as warranty lasts. If they don't, i can replace them within warranty period, cost free.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech