Discussion Logitech MX Master 3S

Dr3ams

Respectable
Sep 29, 2021
I bought the MX Master 3S for everyday use and gaming. Within the last two years I've had two of them break. On both mice the left mouse button dislodged from the mouse. There are two thin plastic arms that hold the button in place. The arms snapped and the button came loose. I really like this mouse, but it's obvious that it is not built for long hours of gaming. In a few days I will be getting my second replacement from Logitech. Since the warranty runs out in a couple of months, I won't be recieving another one in the future. In order to preserve the life of the MX Master 3S, I will have to use another mouse for gaming. I recently purchased the Logitech G502 X. It's OK, but I'm not a fan of this mouse or it's sibling, the G502 Hero...which I also owned, but eventually gave it to my nephew. It's a shame that Logitech didn't make more stable buttons for the MX Master 3S. It would make it the ulimate all-round mouse to have...like their G500 S, which I used for 8 years.

53824239160_973a021a8b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Dr3ams

Respectable
Sep 29, 2021
It's a common enough problem that there are aftermarket shells made for those, which are 1/4 to 1/3 the price of a new one. But you could easily repair your broken two if you really like them as they aren't difficult to disassemble.

Thanks, that's very interesting.

I found the design flaw. It's the hump that causes the average hand to press the left button at the back instead of near the front of the mouse. Underneath the back of the button is where the two small plastic arms connect to something else in the mouse. Clicking on the front of the button creates very little pressure on the place where these arms connect, but if you apply constant pressure to the back of the button, they will eventually snap off. I think Logitech knows this, that's why they never asked for photos or wanted the mice to be returned. In the future the arms will be replaced with something more stable and they will probably market an alternative version with a model name like MX Master 3GS. The G is for gaming.