Long beep, followed by two short beeps

This is related to an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe. I don't get video, but it seems as
if everything is on (LED, peripherals, all the fans are on including the CPU
fan), I however don't see anything on the LCD monitor (I tested the monitor,
and it's OK).

The manual says that beep codes are as follows:

One beep: keyboard or HD error
Two continuous beeps followed by 2 short beeps: floppy failure
Two continuous beeps followed by 4 short beeps: Hardware component failure

Nothing about 1 long beep followed by two short beeps (and it keeps on
repeating).

Any idea?

"Joseph Mouhanna" <j-o-s-e-p-h--no--s-p--a-m@m--ou--hann--a.net> wrote in
message news:NYB8d.11674$na.8486@trnddc04...
> This is related to an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe. I don't get video, but it seems
> as if everything is on (LED, peripherals, all the fans are on including
> the CPU fan), I however don't see anything on the LCD monitor (I tested
> the monitor, and it's OK).
>
> The manual says that beep codes are as follows:
>
> One beep: keyboard or HD error
> Two continuous beeps followed by 2 short beeps: floppy failure
> Two continuous beeps followed by 4 short beeps: Hardware component failure
>
> Nothing about 1 long beep followed by two short beeps (and it keeps on
> repeating).
>
> Any idea?

"failure in video system"

Look here:
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

I'd guess your video card is not fully seated. Hopefully it's not
defective.

Good Luck

Latest posts