Looking for 32Gb of Ram

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade my RAM to the max that my Mobo can have, Which is 32Gb DDR3.

I don't know if I would need low profile with my CPU Cooler which is a Hyper 212 EVO, Also my budget is around $150 USD the cheaper the better but I do want a reliable set of ram.

My computer specs are:

• Case: Zalman Z11 Plus
    CPU: Intel 4770k Overclocked 4.5Ghz
    MOBO: Msi Gaming Z87-G45
    RAM: 8Gb Ram G.Skill
    Cooler: Cpu Cooler Hyper 212 Evo
    Graphics Card: Evga Gtx 760 SC Acx 2.0 Stock
    PSU: Ultra Professional LSP 750
    OS: Windows 10 64 Bit Home EditSD: 275Gb Boot (Crucial)
    HDD: 1Tb HDD (Seagate)
    HDD: 1.5Tb HDD (Seagate)
    HDD: 300Gb HDD (Seagate)
    HDD: 500Gb HDD (Western Digital)
    Ext HDD: 3Tb Ext Expansion (Seagate) (USB 3.0)
    Ext HDD: 5Tb Ext Expansion (Seagate) (USB 3.0)
    Ext HDD: 5Tb Ext Expansion (Seagate) (USB 3.0)
    Audio: Logitech Z906 5.1 (Optical Audio)
    Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 (USB 2.0)

Solution
Well drives and fans don't draw much power at all, I usually just add 15 watts once I've figured out power draw from the major components.

The only thing that stands out to me that the Seasonic unit may struggle with is overclocking. I'd recommend a more premium unit for overclocking.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

I've switched to my mobile device so I can't do the fancy linking I was able to do earlier. That's why the link is like that.
PSUs made by the brand Ultra are terrible. They're actually fire hazards just waiting to happen. Please remove it from the system immediately and buy a higher quality unit. Something like the Seasonic M12ii 520W Bronze EVO Edition would be good for your system.

The Hyper 212 EVO will fit without issue.

I added the power supply and the cheapest set of 32GB DDR3 1600MHz that was acceptable quality to a PCPartPicker list.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($147.84 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $210.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-06 22:47 EST-0500

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Alright, Thank you.

Will the 520Watt SeaSonic be enough for my computer? I have 5 Case Fans, the 80mm are Molex, and I currently have 5 Drives, with a CD/DVD drive that's currently not hooked up.

I also plan to replace my lower GB drives with a few drives that exceed 1Tb. I Just want to make sure that I will have enough power to supply my computer, Especially when I add the new GTX 1080 + overclocking the 1080.

Well drives and fans don't draw much power at all, I usually just add 15 watts once I've figured out power draw from the major components.

The only thing that stands out to me that the Seasonic unit may struggle with is overclocking. I'd recommend a more premium unit for overclocking.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

I've switched to my mobile device so I can't do the fancy linking I was able to do earlier. That's why the link is like that.

Solution

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Just wondering whats the difference in the Evga SuperNOVA I linked and the one you linked? Besides the fact that it says G2. Just curious. If you say that the one you linked is better than I will go with the one you linked, the SuperNOVA you linked.

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Would the SuperNOVA you linked be good in the GS specification? Will it do better or equal to the G2 you linked? I'd like to be as quiet as possible, As my computer is in my bedroom.

SuperNOVA G1 is in the NEX lineup. EVGA did not work with Seasonic on the NEX lineup, but they did in the G2/GS/P2/T2 lineups. That's why G2 is such higher quality than the G1.

As for G2 vs GS, I guess whichever you can get a better deal on is the one to go for... They're about equal quality neither one is really any louder than the other.