[SOLVED] Looking for a $1600 Prebuilt Computer for Casual Graphic Designer

rushrage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking for a quick prebuilt buy for someone who works from home with Photoshop and InDesign. It'd be a Windows machine, in the US, and don't have any preference with AMD or Intel.

We found this one on Amazon, and wonder if that's a good starting point. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VWRVMNY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_GB9G2S98NZMVW7742HWP

Budget would be $1600-2000. Would love to boot from a SSD.

Is there anything out there that matches that description without doing a build? We're hoping for a quick purchase (before the end of the year), which is why I'm thinking about avoiding building (and I'm not sure how to build with eh graphics card market being the way it is).

Thank you so so much!

Solution
Puget systems builds such work stations.
They likely can better advise you on the needs of the particular software that will be run.

If you know the specs, I think Lenovo will have decent quality offerings.
You will likely get considerable frowning due to the word "iBUYPOWER". As you would for "Cyberpower".

If you are looking for a quick buy, do you have access to the likes of Costco or Best Buy for a name brand machine.....Lenovo, Asus, Dell, HP, etc? Maybe in person rather than over the net.

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I would look into workstation pc's. Look at the lenovo or hp line with v4 xeon chips. U can get dual socket 20 core 40 thread for around 900-1200 bucks if u find one with upgrades for around 1800 bucks it should get u by on the gpu side until gpu prices go back to normal. Plus the v4 come with nvme m.2 boot drives.

Puget systems builds such work stations.
They likely can better advise you on the needs of the particular software that will be run.

If you know the specs, I think Lenovo will have decent quality offerings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS