Looking for a capacitor for TV

Mrdemo

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
So my tv wont turn on n check da capasitor n i cant find da rite one wat capacitor can i sustitute wit?? Is a 200v 120uf ... Thanks in advance

Solution
200V 120uF is the basic specs for this capacitor.
You need however more info to reduce the possibility of having the replacement to be not working.
You need to look for also for the same tolerance e.g. 1% or 2%. <--- quite important
You need also to find the correct capacitor type e.g. ceramic, film, etc.
You will also need to figure out the dimension which will fit to theboard, if you are not into bending capacitor legs.
To make easier, just take the broken one to a trusted component shop and show it to them.

You will have to check the size as well. Not all caps are the same size. Pin spacing may or may not matter(if you have room to bend the leads).
You can go with a higher voltage capacitor, but never lower.

Try to get it from a reputable dealer to avoid a re-branded or knock off.

Good luck with the repair.

200V 120uF is the basic specs for this capacitor.
You need however more info to reduce the possibility of having the replacement to be not working.
You need to look for also for the same tolerance e.g. 1% or 2%. <--- quite important
You need also to find the correct capacitor type e.g. ceramic, film, etc.
You will also need to figure out the dimension which will fit to theboard, if you are not into bending capacitor legs.
To make easier, just take the broken one to a trusted component shop and show it to them.

Solution
120uf at 200v is likely a normal electrolytic(digikey only has upto 1.2uf in ceramic for instance at that voltage by the look of things). Tolerance is a very good point(ESR is important on newer switching stuff too).

Just do not do like me and get one too tall :p