Question Looking for a good 4K display for PC and PS5 - Overwhelmed.

MachoFantastico

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
Hello folks,

So I appreciate that you get a lot of these questions here, but having done a good few months of research I feel like I'm nowhere near deciding on what would be a good 4K display for me. Read many articles and reviews, watched thousands of videos, and looked around the web for buying advice but still not clear on what display would best suit me. So I need some helpful advice.

I'm looking for a good 4K display for both PC and PS5 (and console gaming in general). Currently running with an LG 27GL850-B monitor which has honestly been pretty solid for PC gaming, it's my intention for this to become my second monitor but as it's 1440p only I feel like I'm leaving room on the table, especially since I've got a PC that can handle 4K gaming pretty well these days. I'm getting a PS5 pretty soon too, and whilst I know the PS5 can do 1440p display output I've read some mixed opinions regarding my monitor and the PS5 that as me a little concerned. Plus Switch looks crap on my display.

For a good while I thought about going for a TV as a monitor again, specifically the LG C2 42-inch, but realistically that would be way too big for PC use as a monitor. I've taken a look at the likes of Sony's Inzone M9 monitor and whilst I like the specs, that stand is ugly as hell in my opinion. Here is a rough guide on what I'm looking for:

- 4K Display.
- G-Sync would be great.
- HDMI 2.1
- 144Hz +
- 27+ inches (but super large wouldn't be practical).

I appreciate this is pretty basic stuff, but there are so many options on the market and I know they all have their pros and cons, but I feel overwhelmed and could do with some genuine recommendations.

TRENDING THREADS