Looking for E-ATX dual socket 2011 motherboard that will fit in an E-ATX compatible full tower case

kogo50

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Hello,

Like the title says, I'm looking for a E-ATX dual socket 2011 motherboard that will fit in an E-ATX compatible full tower case. The case will most likely be the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK. I was going to go with one of the SuperMicro X9 series boards. The CPUs being used are going to be two Intel Xeon E5-2670s. The issue I am worried about is that I saw a few reviews on some of the X9 series boards. Some say the even though they are listed as E-ATX boards that they will not line up with the holes in a E-ATX case unless it is one of SuperMicro's.

As for features I need, I really just need 2 pcie x 16 slots and some other pcie slots for a usb 3.0 card and a sound card. Pretty much all of the X9 series boards meet this requirement but I'm not sure which one to get for the case I want. Anyone have any suggestions? Also how about CPU coolers? Do I need to use a certain heatsink or will anything 2011 compatible work?

Thanks for the help!