Question Looking for good gaming laptop under 800 dollars to upgrade from Dell Inspiron ?

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I am looking to get a good gaming laptop for under 800 dollars. The one that I currently own is a Dell Inspiron gaming with an i7-7700hq, gtx 1050 ti, 16gb ddr4 2400 mhz ram, and a 128 ssd and 1 tb hdd combo or storage. The one I am considering the most at the moment is the HP Pavilion gaming laptop for approx 650-750 depending on which model I get and from where.

The specs of 700 dollar variant are:
ryzen 5-4600h
8gb of 3200mhz ddr4 ram
256gb ssd
gtx 1650 4 gb.

I will probably upgrade the ram and storage myself, as I would need a lot more than 256gb, and would like 16gb of ram. I don't wanna commit to buying anything yet until I know that there isn't a better option than the one I listed above, so all suggestions are welcome.

For that cost, those specs are about the same you will see with any brand and model. Acer Nitro is another cheaper line that is not bad.

However the system you have vs the one you are looking to get, it's not really worth buying a new system, I would go up another step in video card at the least before spending money on a new system. 1650 vs 1050Ti is maybe a 10-20% difference in speed depending on the game, The CPU is about the same as well. I would not pay $700 to get a barely noticeable difference. Of course if you sell your laptop, then you may be able to get into a new system for maybe $3-400, even then for the small boost it's not worth it to me.

Get a 500gb SSD for your current system.

Reactions: mrmike16

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
For that cost, those specs are about the same you will see with any brand and model. Acer Nitro is another cheaper line that is not bad.

However the system you have vs the one you are looking to get, it's not really worth buying a new system, I would go up another step in video card at the least before spending money on a new system. 1650 vs 1050Ti is maybe a 10-20% difference in speed depending on the game, The CPU is about the same as well. I would not pay $700 to get a barely noticeable difference. Of course if you sell your laptop, then you may be able to get into a new system for maybe $3-400, even then for the small boost it's not worth it to me.

Get a 500gb SSD for your current system.
I was thinking that at first, but now I found an EVOO laptop with an i7-9750h, 16gb ram, a gtx 1660 ti, 512gb ssd, and a 144hz display for 699$. I think the gpu and display upgrade make it a much more significant upgrade for the price? Is this worth it, or should I just upgrade my existing one?

I was thinking that at first, but now I found an EVOO laptop with an i7-9750h, 16gb ram, a gtx 1660 ti, 512gb ssd, and a 144hz display for 699$. I think the gpu and display upgrade make it a much more significant upgrade for the price? Is this worth it, or should I just upgrade my existing one?

1660Ti is a much larger improvement over a 1050Ti, but that is a strangely low price for a laptop with those specs and I have not heard of that brand before. If it's worth it, really up to you, with selling your laptop you can upgrade to this new one for pretty cheap, if it cost me like $300 for a new system with a new warranty I may do it. I am not sure if I would go with an unknown laptop brand though.

I am looking to get a good gaming laptop for under 800 dollars. I currently own an LG Gram Laptop -15.6" Full HD display, Intel 8th gen core I5, 8 GB ram,256 GB SSD,21.5 HRs Battery- 15Z990-U.AAS5U1, Dark Silver. Its storage capacity is good and battery performance capacity also good. So I am only recommended an LG gaming laptop. Its display does not affect the eye. Lg provided you replacement policy within Seven days. Lg is a brand company

The LG Gram is not a gaming laptop at all.

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
@hang-the-9 I was looking for the similar thread
Can you suggest any cheapest laptop with GTX 10 series GTX 16 series, (Any Processor can even go with an i3 but should be 8th gen plus reasons you know) (& preferably a SSD). Any suggestion will be appreciated. Not specifically looking for a brand.