[SOLVED] Looking for Graphics card failure troubleshooting

Oct 5, 2018
Hi, I have a problem with my graphics card. I know it's compatible and everything is working properly as far as I can see. The new graphics card I have doesn't want to seem to work. The fan runs and the pc starts up, but there is no display on the monitor. If I wait long enough, the computer makes 2 short beeps and nothing else happens. I'm unsure of the graphics card model, but the brand is Radeon and the computer brand is Lenovo. My old graphics cards are disabled already and mt BIOS is up to date.

Solution
If you have windows, go into Device Manager then Display Adapters. You should see your Intel Graphics then the Graphics Card. If you don't see it, check BIOs for it, if you still don't see it put it into other PCIe ports if possible, If it still persists then put it into another computer to test it. (If you have one).

If you DO see the graphics card, try another port on the graphics card. If you have done so and it still persists then you might have a broken GPU.

As for the beeping, I'm not much of a Lenovo guy but if my memory serves me correctly, it has something to do with BIOs running into an error attempting to boot display/video. You might want to look into that some more.

Sorry for the late response, I have no idea if you even...

NiaNia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
If you have windows, go into Device Manager then Display Adapters. You should see your Intel Graphics then the Graphics Card. If you don't see it, check BIOs for it, if you still don't see it put it into other PCIe ports if possible, If it still persists then put it into another computer to test it. (If you have one).

If you DO see the graphics card, try another port on the graphics card. If you have done so and it still persists then you might have a broken GPU.

As for the beeping, I'm not much of a Lenovo guy but if my memory serves me correctly, it has something to do with BIOs running into an error attempting to boot display/video. You might want to look into that some more.

Sorry for the late response, I have no idea if you even have the problem anymore but no harm no foul.

Solution