Question Looking for HDMI splitter for two monitors that allow extending Windows desktop

Temuri416

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
  1. I have a Windows 10 desktop computer with a GPU that has HDMI output
  2. I have two 4k monitors
  3. I would like to connect two monitors to the same HDMI output on my desktop GPU
  4. I need to be able to designate one monitor as primary and EXTEND (not copy/mirror) my Windows 10 desktop to the other monitor
Can anyone recommend an HDMI extender for this?

Thank you!

You can't stream multiple display outputs over one HDMI output. The protocol doesn't allow for that.

EDIT: Well I'm sure there's something for splitting a single output to go over multiple monitors that are used in professional marquees, but something like that would be stupid expensive for what you want. Also it wouldn't have the same behavior as Extending the desktop anyway.

Temuri416

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
You can't stream multiple display outputs over one HDMI output. The protocol doesn't allow for that.

EDIT: Well I'm sure there's something for splitting a single output to go over multiple monitors that are used in professional marquees, but something like that would be stupid expensive for what you want. Also it wouldn't have the same behavior as Extending the desktop anyway.

I see... And is there a similar thing for DisplayPort?