Question looking to buy a new laptop

busyvish

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
1. What is your budget? Around $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14 - 15inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p, i really do not see the point of a 4k in 14- 15 inch laptop. correct me if i am wrong.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? i need it to be portable. ill mainly use it at home but would love to carry it around with me.

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Medium-high. My games are not that graphics heavy. mainly play Genshin impact and Destiny 2.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Browsing internet, Streaming movies and MS office mainly.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not much really. but i would require it to be ssd.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Amazon, bestbuy. open to other recommendations

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years atleast. i do not see myself making another purchase before that

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? i havent used them in ages. any reason i should one?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. i have been out of touch from the market for a while now so i am not really sure. although my current research has me straying away from dell as i have read they have been involved in some shady practices(not sure if true) i would particularly steer away from Razer. i had a blade stealth 13 and my god they had aweful customer support and service.

13. What country do you live in? Pakistan. i am leaning towards ordering the laptop from USA though. my father will be visiting so he will be making the purchase.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
my purchase will be made in october or november of the year 2021 if that is important. highly unlikely that ill be able to avail black friday or cyber monday deals. might change depending on his schedule.

Last edited:
1. What is your budget? Around $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14 - 15inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p, i really do not see the point of a 4k in 14- 15 inch laptop. correct me if i am wrong.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? i need it to be portable. ill mainly use it at home but would love to carry it around with me.

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Medium-high. My games are not that graphics heavy. mainly play Genshin impact and Destiny 2.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Browsing internet, Streaming movies and MS office mainly.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not much really. but i would require it to be ssd.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Amazon, bestbuy. open to other recommendations

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years atleast. i do not see myself making another purchase before that

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? i havent used them in ages. any reason i should one?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. i have been out of touch from the market for a while now so i am not really sure. although my current research has me straying away from dell as i have read they have been involved in some shady practices(not sure if true) i would particularly steer away from Razer. i had a blade stealth 13 and my god they had aweful customer support and service.

13. What country do you live in? Pakistan. i am leaning towards ordering the laptop from USA though. my father will be visiting so he will be making the purchase.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
my purchase will be made in october or november of the year 2021 if that is important. highly unlikely that ill be able to avail black friday or cyber monday deals. might change depending on his schedule.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...LRIqxPMUZ4m2K2abJCxoCvLsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.newegg.com/eclipse-gray...hrBc7A6nY4_VuWcPWuRoCOBEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.newegg.com/eclipse-gray...m-es76-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834235897

Reactions: busyvish
Aug 6, 2021
You may be interested in the Acer Predator helios 300 model. It has a powerful processor and it is quite portable and convenient.