Looking to know if a specific cable will work with my power supply

DashAhead

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

That isn't exactly what I'm looking for. What I need is a 15 pin to 6 pin sata. Similar to the one in the original picture.

That ADAPTER would work perfectly fine. it is not a PSU specific cable and its not for a modular supply so somebody up there is confused. it is a 2 standard SATA 15pin to 6 pin PCIE. its no different than using a 2 molex to 6 pin connector which come in the box with most GPUs and is done ALL the time as long as the PSU can supply the power.

If you aren't overloading the PSU it will work fine.

You need to get better at defining what you are looking for. There is no such thing as a 6 pin sata, refer to this site and figure out what the actual name of the connect you need is.
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

In general adapters are a sign you have screwed up somewhere else. If you need additional PCI-e cables you either lost some or are trying to run more than your PSU was built to handle.

As for what was said above, iceclock is wrong, adapters(like the one linked) cannot hurt your PSU. If you use them to give you connectors so that you can hook into more power hungry GPUs than your PSU can handle that is a different story, but the adapter will not hurt your PSU. You should not use modular cables that are not meant for your PSU though since they are often wired differently and could result in you having +12V and ground connected by accident.

DashAhead

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

I know there isn't any 6 pin sata, I guess I was somewhat vague. I meant a cable with one end that had 6 pin PCI and the other end which had a 15 pin sata.