Question Looking to upgrade a Pre-build Asus M32bf for gaming

Feb 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

My friend asked me if it would be possible to upgrade her pre-built pc for gaming, we added an SSD and would add more RAM but regarding the graphic card and the CPU I'd like to know if its a good idea to invest in parts or rather build a pc from scratch.
Here is the PC specs

Many thanks in advance.

Feb 24, 2021
Thank you guys for the fast replies! I'll convince her to build a PC, she was hoping to play the upcoming Diablo 2 remastered I think with around 1000$ she can build a fairly descent system.

Reactions: Master Djoza

ClapTrapper

Proper
May 25, 2020
i would build a whole new system from scratch.
But,what games is she looking to play?
Monitor resolution?
Budget?
The GPU market is really really expensive now, we are seeing some GPU's retailing for 2x the original price.
I disagree.
Right now in this bizarre market,pre-built may be your best option.

ClapTrapper

Proper
May 25, 2020
First we need to know the name/model pre-built.

You should be aware every pre-built comes with a gotcha. A year ago I would say definately build your own. But....now a pre-built may be your only/best option. We are forced to lower our expectations.

(BTW-I'm playing with a pre-built HP now and seeing the gotchas first hand).

First we need to know the name/model pre-built.

You should be aware every pre-built comes with a gotcha. A year ago I would say definately build your own. But....now a pre-built may be your only/best option. We are forced to lower our expectations.

(BTW-I'm playing with a pre-built HP now and seeing the gotchas first hand).
The OP literally linked the prebuild:
https://www.newegg.com/asus-m32bf-dh02-student-home-office/p/N82E16883221341#?nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Future+Publishing+Ltd&AFFID=2294204&AFFNAME=Future+Publishing+Ltd&ACRID=1&ASUBID=tomshardware-row-2877894956063943700&ASID=https://forums.tomshardware.com/&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2294204&ranSiteID=kXQk6.ivFEQ-ffnOoe_WA9wc73kyXslc5g
You cant really ugprade anything here.
I mean you can, but it would be a much wiser investment to build from scratch.
You could save on storage with that 1tb hdd,otherwise everything's gotta go imo.

ClapTrapper

Proper
May 25, 2020
Unlucky i quess.
Intel cpu's are going for a even lower than what they've been listed for i believe.
10700F for 280$ 👀
3-4-21
The Shuffle is starting to make me doubt how much stock is there!
Either I am very unlucky/people are gaming the Shuffle/there is 1 of each item Newegg grants the Supreme Gift of being able to buy MSRP (and thousand and thousands of "contestants")

Reactions: Master Djoza

ASK THE COMMUNITY