Question Looking to upgrade my PC since it is Prime day

Oct 8, 2024
Hello. Its prime day so I'm looking to upgrade my PC a bit (streets of tarkov are a beast).

My specs are as follows:
R5 5500 CPU

RTX 3060 (12GB) GPU

32 GB 2400MTf DDR4 RAM

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD

MSI A320M-A PRO MAX mobo

I don't really have a budget to keep in mind for this but I've always gone for the most cost-effective solution. Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, it's my first time posting here.

Edit: I haven't been using XMP for the last 4 years like an idiot and just now turned it on. the ram speed is now 3600.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Moved thread to Systems section.

I don't really have a budget to keep in mind for this but I've always gone for the most cost-effective solution. Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, it's my first time posting here.

You should follow the stylization of this thread;
and the community can move forward with suggestions. Please include your location and your budget.

As for your specs, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: TaiyoFurea

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard is a bit low end, but swapping it out for another AM4 board doesn't seem cost effective.

5700X3D is pretty much its regular price.

Potential GPU upgrade is all about what you want to spend, and dependent on your PSU and chassis.

Plenty of RAM. Decent Storage.

Monitor/ GPU upgrade?

You are at that weird middle state where the system is not old, but to start getting into more performance you are going to have to spend a lot more.

Reactions: TaiyoFurea
Oct 8, 2024
Motherboard is a bit low end, but swapping it out for another AM4 board doesn't seem cost effective.

5700X3D is pretty much its regular price.

Potential GPU upgrade is all about what you want to spend, and dependent on your PSU and chassis.

Plenty of RAM. Decent Storage.

Monitor/ GPU upgrade?

You are at that weird middle state where the system is not old, but to start getting into more performance you are going to have to spend a lot more.
I'd also like to say, i do video editing and some animation. My CPU is at 100% rendering a video rn and id like to keep render times low.