[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade my RIG (opinions/ recommendations needed)

edward147

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I have a rig that consists of:
  • asus z370
  • i5 8600k
  • rtx 2070
  • vs650 psu
  • stock fans
  • tecware nexus white case

I'm looking to make my PC look cleaner by putting in a fully modular PSU to use custom cables etc. and possibly a new mobo to make it look nicer all together as its fairly plane at the moment, I'd also consider a monitor to help my PC to be used at its potential as i'm on a 75hz monitor at the moment. and instead of my current LED strip i was thinking of doing LED fans as i think it would be easier and more reliable to control the theme of my PC at anytime because my current LED strip is abit faulty. I live in Australia and am wondering if anyone has recommendations on parts or what to do, all opinions welcome, feel free to comment what you'd do etc.

Thank you!

Solution
Hey mate,
I personally am all in for a clean setup, especially regarding cable management. PSU wise I guess you could go with Seasonic, the more expensive EVGA-units or the RmX from Corsair. Fully modular 600 - 700W. I am far from an expert regarding psus but a lot of the guys here are very firm in the topic.

Regarding fans you could easily go with some Corsair stuff, but note that most of the really high performance brands got non-RGB fans that still look phenomenal. I dont like the bling and got me some Noiseblocker ELoop and Noctua Chromax Black. What kind of cpu cooler do you have?

I would not change the motherboard just for looks. I think thats money you could spent elsewhere. Just get a new one if you want to downsize lets say...

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Hey mate,
I personally am all in for a clean setup, especially regarding cable management. PSU wise I guess you could go with Seasonic, the more expensive EVGA-units or the RmX from Corsair. Fully modular 600 - 700W. I am far from an expert regarding psus but a lot of the guys here are very firm in the topic.

Regarding fans you could easily go with some Corsair stuff, but note that most of the really high performance brands got non-RGB fans that still look phenomenal. I dont like the bling and got me some Noiseblocker ELoop and Noctua Chromax Black. What kind of cpu cooler do you have?

I would not change the motherboard just for looks. I think thats money you could spent elsewhere. Just get a new one if you want to downsize lets say to an ITX rig (I love small gaming rigs), but then you got to research the rest of the parts too to fit the case. Or you want a platform upgrade all together, but I guess with some overclocking your 8600k holds up still.

Solution

edward147

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
You definently want a new PSU as I wouldn't trust a Corsair VS in a gaming setup. What monitor do you currently have and what kind of games do you play?
I have an AOC 2590 G5 at the moment, and I play games like Fortnite, League, Warframe, GTA but am looking to get into other games like witcher, red dead etc.

edward147

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Hey mate,

I would not change the motherboard just for looks. I think thats money you could spent elsewhere. Just get a new one if you want to downsize lets say to an ITX rig (I love small gaming rigs), but then you got to research the rest of the parts too to fit the case. Or you want a platform upgrade all together, but I guess with some overclocking your 8600k holds up still.
Hey, cheers for the input man! really helped me out with my thoughts of making it look nice and not wasting money, at the moment I have a corsair h80i V2 hence why im looking at the corsair RGB fans just to make it pop and look nice.