I have a small call center with many people that sit at different stations. I
am replacing all my old WinME computers with XP Pro. I have an NT domain and
everyone has a login to the domain. In ME, I could set all the user settings
to be the same no matter who logged into the PC, bookmarks, menus, look and
feel, printers... But now with XP each user has to be setup on each PC which
is a real pain as I have 7 PCs and 15 users.

Is there any way to get XP to work like ME so that I only have to setup a PC
once the way I want it to look and feel, then anyone that sits there gets the
same thing without having to do a by login setup?

Malke

VIPGeorge wrote:

> I have a small call center with many people that sit at different
> stations. I am replacing all my old WinME computers with XP Pro. I
> have an NT domain and everyone has a login to the domain. In ME, I
> could set all the user settings to be the same no matter who logged
> into the PC, bookmarks, menus, look and
> feel, printers... But now with XP each user has to be setup on each
> PC which is a real pain as I have 7 PCs and 15 users.
>
> Is there any way to get XP to work like ME so that I only have to
> setup a PC once the way I want it to look and feel, then anyone that
> sits there gets the same thing without having to do a by login setup?

See if any of this helps:

How To Create a Custom Default User Profile -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

Create an XP Pro Mandatory User Profile on the Local Machine -
http://www.tweakxp.com/article139898.aspx

How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800&sd=tech

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers