Question Loss of sound through headset when plugged in to USB ?

Gamer313

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2013
Hey, So i have a Razer Blackshark V2 X USB headset, It’s been fine and havn’t had any issues really with it. Was gaming last night and had no issues, today when i go onto the PC i notice an update on Razer had happened while my PC was idling and a prompt was there to restart my pc, so restarted and now i have no sound whatsoever, The green light is on the usb dongle but i’m getting no sound. If i remove the 3.5mm jack from the USB dongle and plug that into the computer the sound works fine. I've tried removing Synapse and reinstalling it still the same issue.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that the Razer update reset or otherwise made some change or changes to the audio configuration.

Right click the small speaker icon normally found in the lower right screen corner.

A pop up menu should appear. Start with "Troubleshoot sound problems".

If the troubleshooter does not find and fix something then start working through the other menu choices.

There can be any number of audio related windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore the configuration settings first without changing anything. Make note of any configuration settings that are not as they should be, not understood, or otherwise unknown.

Then go back and make any necessary changes that you deem applicable and appropriate.

Change only one thing at a time being carefully to write down what was changed, where it was changed along with the original and new value/setting. Just in case some change needs to be undone.

Take your time, read carefully. Google for more information about some that is not understood or othewwise unclear. Again be careful about any snap solutions.

See what you can discover and post accordingly.,

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
gamerl316 is on the right track. More info.

No matter how many devices for sound your system has, Windows can use only ONE of them at a time. YOU can specify which is to be used. At lower left type in Sound settings to open a window. Near the top under Sound Output is a drop-down chooser for the Default Sound Output Device. In that you will find a list of devices in your machine which may include one from Realtek on your mobo, one on your video card (IF you have one), and should also include the Razer USB system. Make sure to tell it to use that one.

Lower on the screen there is another chooser system for the Default Sound Input Device, and you may want to get that set to use the Razer system for the Mic ion your headset.

When done, back out of this system to your main screen and try it again. You should be getting sound on your headset.