[SOLVED] Lost with so much cables...

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Hi

I am a little bit lost with so much cables...

First photo: This coloured cable says USB and it comes from Corsair Commander Pro.
Where do I need to connect it?

Second photo: These two ends are coming from Kraken Z73 AIO. After connecting the 3 fans there is a SATA cable in the middle as well. Since Commander Pro has SATA entries in a big cable, I connected the SATA from Kraken in the same wire of Commander Pro.
Is it correct?
I also don't know where to connect these two...

Solution
Let me think...
But do the fans have RGB? Well, they are black and they are at the top of the case. Not needed...

If I just see temperature from GPU and CPU in the pump monitor that's OK for me. Do I have this values without the NZXT smart device? Can I still use the control software even without this device?

I believe so. Because control is through the F-USB. As long as your radiator fans are connected to the pump, you would be fine.

The NZXT smart hub just gives you the means to expand the NZXT eco system.

Test it and let us know.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi

First photo: This coloured cable says USB and it comes from Corsair Commander Pro.

Second photo: These two ends are coming from Kraken Z73 AIO. After connecting the 3 fans there is a SATA cable in the middle as well. Since Commander Pro has SATA entries in a big cable, I connected the SATA from Kraken in the same wire of Commander Pro.
Is it correct?

First cable would connect to a USB 2.0 motherboard header. I don't know about the Kraken cable.

It's a standard USB2.0 connector, you can put it on any USB2.0 header on the motherboard.

Is it correct?

That seems like a 4-pin cable for fan.

The SATA cable is probably used to get more power to the fans hub.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Hi

Is it correct?

Please go through the Kraken manual again . First should be going to the USB header. Second should be for the rgb and fan usually connecting to the NZXT smart device. The other (3 pin) should be connecting to cpu fan. As for the SATA, I'm not sure of what you did. But I connected mine directly to the PSU.

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
It's a standard USB2.0 connector, you can put it on any USB2.0 header on the motherboard.

That seems like a 4-pin cable for fan.

The SATA cable is probably used to get more power to the fans hub.

So, I connected the small one where it says "CPU fan". Is is there? I don't have any cable into "AIO Pump"...

The large one I still don't know where to put it...

In the end of the 3-fan connection there is a SATA entry. Since there is a cable with 4 SATA entries in the Corsair commander pro, I connected the entry from Kraken Z73 there. Is it correct?

So, I connected the small one where it says "CPU fan". Is is there? I don't have any cable into "AIO Pump"...

The large one I still don't know where to put it...

In the end of the 3-fan connection there is a SATA entry. Since there is a cable with 4 SATA entries in the Corsair commander pro, I connected the entry from Kraken Z73 there. Is it correct?

I think we might need more photos, especially the places where the cables come out.

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Please go through the Kraken manual again . First should be going to the USB header. Second should be for the rgb and fan usually connecting to the NZXT smart device. The other (3 pin) should be connecting to cpu fan. As for the SATA, I'm not sure of what you did. But I connected mine directly to the PSU.

The manual is a little bit confused...

I had four connections needed:
  • Pump thin cable (type C ?) into motherboard >>> "USB 2.0" (bottom)
  • Group of 4 cables:
a) Cable that says NZXT in the end >>> not connected... I don't know where to connect it
b) Small cable >>> "CPU fan"
c) Cable which goes to a group of 3 fans
d) SATA cable >>> SATA entry in Commander Pro which has a lot of SATA entries >>> Commander Pro also goes into MB into the other "USB 2.0" (bottom)

What is correct and wrong?

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Pump thin cable - micro usb to USB header.

a.) NZXT - its optional for RGB light control.
b.) small cable can go to either CPU fan or AIO pump on mobo.
c.) cable with 3 head connect to fans.
d.) SATA - I advise to connect this directly to PSU. This is to power the pump.

What PC case are you using?

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Pump thin cable - micro usb to USB header.

I connected it to JUSB3. Is it correct?

a.) NZXT - its optional for RGB light control.
b.) small cable can go to either CPU fan or AIO pump on mobo.
c.) cable with 3 head connect to fans.
d.) SATA - I advise to connect this directly to PSU. This is to power the pump.

What PC case are you using?

PC Case is Lian Li O11 Dynamic.

a) I would like to have RGB but I don't find any suitable connection in the motherboard for the NZXT cable...
b) I will leave it like it is now.
c) I didn't understand if it was correct. I have the 3 fans connected in circle and they end in the pump
d) OK. I got another independent SATA cable with 4 connections and after connecting the SATA from pump to the SATA connection, I connected the whole thing to the PSU >>> Peripheral / SATA. Is this OK?

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021

I connected it to JUSB3. Is it correct?

PC Case is Lian Li O11 Dynamic.

a) I would like to have RGB but I don't find any suitable connection in the motherboard for the NZXT cable...
b) I will leave it like it is now.
c) I didn't understand if it was correct. I have the 3 fans connected in circle and they end in the pump
d) OK. I got another independent SATA cable with 4 connections and after connecting the SATA from pump to the SATA connection, I connected the whole thing to the PSU >>> Peripheral / SATA. Is this OK?

a.) To my understanding of NZXT, you may need the NZXT Smart device (Hub) to connect the RGB- That is a $30 value (?). NZXT has its own plug. That probably is the only thing you wouldnt like with NZXT. I used NZXT components and PC case to avoid this.

b.) good.

c.) I assume the fans of the Kraken are the ones connected to the pump. Then that is fine too.

d.) The SATA is ok.

That should be good to run. The F-USB connection would be doing a lot of control and communication to the pump.

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
a.) To my understanding of NZXT, you may need the NZXT Smart device (Hub) to connect the RGB- That is a $30 value (?). NZXT has its own plug. That probably is the only thing you wouldnt like with NZXT. I used NZXT components and PC case to avoid this.

b.) good.

c.) I assume the fans of the Kraken are the ones connected to the pump. Then that is fine too.

d.) The SATA is ok.

That should be good to run. The F-USB connection would be doing a lot of control and communication to the pump.

Let me think...
But do the fans have RGB? Well, they are black and they are at the top of the case. Not needed...

If I just see temperature from GPU and CPU in the pump monitor that's OK for me. Do I have this values without the NZXT smart device? Can I still use the control software even without this device?

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Let me think...

I believe so. Because control is through the F-USB. As long as your radiator fans are connected to the pump, you would be fine.

The NZXT smart hub just gives you the means to expand the NZXT eco system.

Test it and let us know.

Reactions: harpsinuno
Solution