Loud fans while playing graphic demanding games

Aug 10, 2018
Ive read most of the threads on here about loud fans while gaming, they all suggested a new cpu or gpu fan, which I could solve easily by just installing a new fan. The situation i’m having is a few months back I left my computer on without turning it off or really being on it at all and one day I got on to play a game I hopped on got in a lobby and entered the match the game tried to load for a couple minutes but couldnt and ended up completly crashing out of the game then the next day it was making a knocking noise from inside my computer, afraid of a failing hard drive I automatically turned my computer off and left it alone for a couple months, recently I decided to get back on and see if it still made the knocking noise, it hasnt made the noise but has seemed to be replaced by the loud fans, if anyone could shed some light. Is it just a simple fan that I need to replace or something more serious?

Side note: I can play less demanding games as normal no fans turn on as my computer is water cooled. And its just one game ive noticed it have any problem with at all.