Question Low FPS and Low GPU usage

Mar 27, 2024
Im currently only using roughly 50-60% of my gpu and around 30% for my cpu on max settings at 1440p and only seeing 150-175FPS in Destiny 2. Is there a reason im getting such low frames while my GPU and CPU are hardly being utilized? If i change the resolution to 4k I do see an increase to almost 99% gpu usage. I also dont have any problems with other games even at 1440p being able to hit higher gpu usage rates.

Running:
1440 240Hz
4080 SUPER
I9-12900k
ASUS Z-690 Plus TUF Motherboard
EVGA Super ova GT 1000 80 plus Gold
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE 360mm AIO
980 pro NVME SSD
DDR5 5200Mhz Ram

Here is a screenshot
View: https://imgur.com/hXXjTkF

Here is a video of guy with a 4080 and a I5 13600KF. In the same area his Gpu Usage is almost double mine, and he also getting 70 more FPS than me.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nullh3ZARQ&t=32s&ab_channel=Leoh

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to state the make and model of your PSU, the make and model of your motherboard and how you're cooling the processor. On your build, you should've gone with a higher frequency ram(though that's another topic to be had). That being said, see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. Then try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sometimes everything you see on YT should be taken with a grain or a tablespoon of salt.

Mar 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to state the make and model of your PSU, the make and model of your motherboard and how you're cooling the processor. On your build, you should've gone with a higher frequency ram(though that's another topic to be had). That being said, see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. Then try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sometimes everything you see on YT should be taken with a grain or a tablespoon of salt.
Thank you for the reply! I updated the post. I bought the RAM kinda when DDR5 was being introduced, would I see any real performance gain if I went with a higher frequency?

I'll check and see about the graphics update and try with DDU. But can that really be the issue when all of my other games run as intended?