Question Low FPS in most games and shuts down under full load after a while ? - RYZEN 5 2600

Dec 20, 2020
My pc:

Ryzen 5 2600 temps : 40-47C in windows, 60-65C gaming, 70-75C full load (cinebench r23) and computer crashes
GTX 1660 XS OC 6GB GDDR5 VENTUS : 30c idle, 45-55c light games (gta 4), 60-65C full load no crashes
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz (D.O.C.P ENABLED) dual channel hyperx fury black
TUF B450M-PLUS-GAMING motherboard
A good be quiet pure rock slim cpu cooler, two pure wings 2 fans max 900rpm
and a be quiet pure base 600 case

what ive tried:
reinstalling chipset drivers, updating bios, reinstalling windows, high performance power plan, high priority

problem: bad fps in warzone 60-70FPS on the LOWEST SETTINGS POSSIBLE 1080P,
30FPS 1080P Medium in MSFS 2020, CSGO 1080P LOWEST 180fps and on max its only 90FPS with stutters

MY GAMING BENCHMARKS:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htL-ghc2wN0
- warzone
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DfDbYSIos
- msfs 2020
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nun9xyQUZqs
- csgo, in this video i was running even in a lower res and i had some really weird fps
The CPU while gaming is mostly 30-50%
Somehow it gets 60fps in Sottr in ultra settings but not in lighter titles such as listed before

I would appreciate any help

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
it blacks out but its still on, its not the gpu though, it runs very cool
Temp might not have anything to do with it. Maybe gpu is just unstable. Tried lowering clocks?

i have a be quiet 600w system power 9 psu
Not the best not the worst, hard to say if this might be the problem,might be. Me myself would have picked something better.

Dec 20, 2020
Temp might not have anything to do with it. Maybe gpu is just unstable. Tried lowering clocks?

Not the best not the worst, hard to say if this might be the problem,might be. Me myself would have picked something better.
i mean its a factory oced version, but the cpu always dies while i oc it a bit and after it restarts it resets the clocks, but theres no artefacts it sudenly goes black and thats all,
btw i cant afford anything better

Dec 20, 2020

the thing that bothers me is the performance, how tf do i only have 60fps at low in warzone when other youtobers have 120fps with the 1660 and 2600

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not saying it's the psu, so leave it as it is for now. Might well be that you just do not have such a great example for that gpu so leave overclocking alone if it works fine at factory settings.

Just looked at that cod mw vid of yours and with the gpu at usually >95% it's probably what it can do for fps. It's maxing out.You could try a lowr res and see if tht gives better fps, might show if it has some cpu bottleneck. See also that you use a tv which usually are not the best for games. Maybe why you experience the ~60fps as badly playable.

Think in the other two games the cpu is just lacking.

Will you give me your system specs so i can make sure it is dualchannel ram and latest bios?

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020
Not saying it's the psu, so leave it as it is for now. Might well be that you just do not have such a great example for that gpu so leave overclocking alone if it works fine at factory settings.

Just looked at that cod mw vid of yours and with the gpu at usually >95% it's probably what it can do for fps. It's maxing out.You could try a lowr res and see if tht gives better fps, might show if it has some cpu bottleneck. See also that you use a tv which usually are not the best for games. Maybe why you experience the ~60fps as badly playable.

Think in the other two games the cpu is just lacking.

Will you give me your system specs so i can make sure it is dualchannel ram and latest bios?
im not a dummy in pc world, i have the latest bios downloaded from the asus website and that is 2409, im running in dual channel at d.o.c.p 3200mhz its in the correct slots.
yes i use a 10 year old tiny tv as a monitor, but the vsync is off

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Trying to find what could be the reason that your pc doesn't match performance of others as you say. Don't know what experience you have with pc's.

In the title you claim shut downs. You need to unplug the psu or similar to get it working again or does it restart right after it?

Dec 20, 2020
Trying to find what could be the reason that your pc doesn't match performance of others as you say. Don't know what experience you have with pc's.

In the title you claim shut downs. You need to unplug the psu or similar to get it working again or does it restart right after it?
im saying LOW FPS in the title, so in games it doesnt shutdown because the cpu is not fully utilized, but in benchmarks it heats to 75c and blacks out