Jun 7, 2020
SO I recently built a new PC with gaming being a strong part of the reason.
I did some research to figure out CPU/GPU compatibility and bottlenecking.
My "budget" PC consists of:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000071BOX Desktop Processor
MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT DirectX 12 RX 5700 XT MECH OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Patriot Viper 4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Extreme Performance Memory, Black Sides / Red Top Model PV416G300C6K
Corsair TX750W - Power supply ( internal ) - ATX12V 2.2 - 80 PLUS - AC 90-264 V - 750 Watt - active (CMPSU-750TX)
No SSD or M.2 stick yet.
2: 1tb Seagate 7500rpm hdd ( hard time commiting to a ssd or m.2 before my next paycheck)
monitor is a generic 1920 x1080 res monitor.

Issue I'm facing:
every build i have seen using a 5700xt/ryzen 7 3700 combo are pulling over 100+ average fps on CoD Warzone at highest graphics setting. I'm using CoD as the test game because soo many people playing it.

My average fps stays around 65.
Temp stays below 75 degrees so I dont imagine it is overheating
packet loss is under 3%

Am I expecting too much? Does my setup have some incompatibility issue I don't know about?
Is my build garbage and I'm lucky to get what i'm getting?

I know the ryzen 7 3700x is bottlenecked slightly by the RX5700XT. somewhere around 15-20% I assumed( hopefully not foolishly) that bottle neck because of GPU would affect less than bottleneck because of CPU, initially I was trying for the ryzen 7 2700x, but opted for the 3rd gen model because of current sale.

Any input is appreciated

Last edited:

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
hey dude!
first of all when u are playing warzone and u'r seeing a lot of textures ( i mean when u are outta buildings of the game!)
press win + G and check the performance, u'd get which part is being used too much! (just for insure that the hardware causing issue not other thing)
second, well dude u cant expect for playing in 4k resolution and still getting high fps! i know what you wanna say but i mean on which graphic config u are playing this game? sometimes the resolution is same on two PCs (PCs are just like each other) but, on one of them the msaa is 16x "lol"with tripple buffered V-sync but on the other one no! when i was playing this game the graphic setting was too much complicated and confusing but i remember something about shadow cache or somethin' like that, make sure that graphic setting is optimized well
third, SSDs affect on performance so well on these days dude, the games and their data are goin' to be terrific and even with your nice gpu and cpu. more speedis needed for reading data! "believe me! that's why sony makes their ps5 ssd so bold, because they're right too! it really affects!

mmd_jvd

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
ryzen 7 3700x is not bottlenecked at all!
No it's not about your cpu
The gpu is not too bad tho!
I mean i got 45 fps on 1600x900 on high graphic setting with 1060 6gb!
So naturally your gpu at least should give you stable 60 fps! (do not try to increase that because of your 60hz screen, cause it's useless).
The thing im thinking of, do you have this issue on other games? I mean I've played this game too and i should say the optimization of the game is so creepy!!
I believe the key is in the graphic setting of the game! Hardware is totally fine!
Try the full screen and windowed bordless modes! Sometimes it affects on fps.
And razor game assistant can make the game more optimized too, try that, it worths
And let me know the issue is solved or not!
Good luck.

itlieswithin

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hey,
Im a little late to the game here. Are you still having issue?

Make sure you are using "ryzen high performance" setting in the power options. This will allow windows to use a more optimized scheduler. Also make sure your fabric clock is set to 1800 or high. This will allow your cores to communicate faster between each module.