Question Low GPU/CPU usage and low FPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2023
I’ve had this issue for more than a year now. So I recently tried playing Cyberpunk 2077 and I can’t seem to get the game to run correctly. I’m getting between 45-65 fps no matter what I turn the settings to in Cyberpunk 2077. Even if I turn the game to the lowest supported resolution and settings possible, I still get 45-65 depending on where I am in game. I don’t have any fps limits set anywhere and my monitor has a refresh rate of 155hz. If I turn down the game settings the CPU and GPU utilization also go down drastically instead of pushing for a higher framerate.

I remember being able to get well over 100fps with the same hardware at 1440p Ultra in this game about 6 months ago.
I noticed this problem too in other games like Spiderman and Control. I even have this problem in Fallout New Vegas and I can’t push past 65 fps even in it…the gpu utilization is less than 20% in the game.

I’ve done a fresh windows install, chipset drivers up to date, latest bios, latest graphics drivers, and no thermal issues whatsoever.
The issue started a little after I got a new cpu I think.

Benchmarks like 3dmark work like a charm and can even reach higher scores than what you would regularly be able to with my specs.

I don’t know what’s going on at this point. I have spent probably hundreds of hours trying to fix this to no avail. Please. I’m desperate.

CPU:5900x
Gpu:3080 ti
Ram:32GB corsair vengeance 3200mhz
Mobo:Asus ROG B-550-i
psu:Corsair sfx750
Ssd:Samsung 980 pro 1TB

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard, as opposed to stating that you have the latest BIOS? As for your platform, did you try using DDU to uninstall your all GPU drivers and then manually installing the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator(assuming you're working with a Microsoft Widows OS environment)?

As for your OS, where did you source the install for your OS? Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with?

Make and model of your case? Fan orientation in your presumed SFF build?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard, as opposed to stating that you have the latest BIOS? As for your platform, did you try using DDU to uninstall your all GPU drivers and then manually installing the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator(assuming you're working with a Microsoft Widows OS environment)?

As for your OS, where did you source the install for your OS> Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with?

Make and model of your case? Fan orientation in your presumed SFF build?
Thanks for responding!
Yes I am running Windows 10 with the latest update.
My bios is: Version 2803 on ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING BIOS
Case: Nr200p with glass side panel(doesn’t change thermals much with mesh panel)
Cpu cooler:Scythe fuma 2 pulling air from the case and pushing it out the back with thermal grizzly paste

x4 nf-p12 noctua fans. 2 on bottom pulling air in and 2 on top pushing air out. I see no thermal issues with it. Cpu and gpu both idle at 28-40 C

Just tried uninstalling drivers with ddu. Did it in safe mode with no internet connection. Then reinstalled latest drivers as administrator.
Still having the same issue sadly. Very good idea! Never heard of ddu before. Glad I could give something else a shot

I tried to do a fresh install of windows with a thumb drive as well a few months back. The iso file on the Microsoft website is where I got it from. didn’t work either.
My ssd is also in good condition. Checked with diskmark and I over partitioned it to make sure it stays healthy.
Any other ideas?
To help more some games that run perfectly fine are:
Doom Eternal
Overwatch 2
Apex Legends
Fortnite
Red Dead Redemption 2
Beat saber
Elden Ring

Games that don’t:
Spiderman Remastered
Cyberpunk 2077
Fallout New Vegas
Control

Maybe there’s a connection with what games work fine or not. It’s just such a elusive issue that doesn’t make sense to me.If there’s anymore info you need just tell me. Thank you so much for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
The iso file on the Microsoft website is where I got it from.
You didn't fabricate your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? I know you can download the ISO using that tool and then use Rufus or their ilk but WMCT can also create the installer in one felling swoop.

I over partitioned it to make sure it stays healthy.
Please elaborate.

Feb 7, 2023
The iso file on the Microsoft website is where I got it from.
You didn't fabricate your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? I know you can download the ISO using that tool and then use Rufus or their ilk but WMCT can also create the installer in one felling swoop.

I over partitioned it to make sure it stays healthy.
Please elaborate.
You can over partition an ssd to make sure you don’t ever completely fill it up. I partitioned 10% of the drive. So it only shows 90% of its available storage.
I probably used the windows media creation tool to make the iso file. It’s been a while since I actually did that.

One time I asked about this same issue the person helping me said there could be a bent pin on my cpu causing it. Since it was happening a few months after I installed a new cpu. I don’t see that being the case, but is it possible?
Could there be another physical issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.