Jul 21, 2020
My acer predator helios 300 (PH315-52) is giving very low fps in games like R6, CSGO and sleeping dog. The laptop gets overheated in the earlier mentioned games but not all games. Even when i initially started playing cod modern warfare i used to get 80-90 fps according to my specs but now i get around 60-50. i cant find where the problem is lying. The games in which am supposed to get 80-90 fps am getting 40-50.

Lptop specs:-
i5 9300h
GTX 1660ti 6GB
8 GB DDR4 RAM (2667 Mhz)
256 SSD
1 TB HDD
60hz display

*NOTE- the machine isnt getting overheated in all any of my games so i dont think heating is the primary issue.

Lutfij

Titan
See if using Intel's XTU and undervolting the processor helps your cause. Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS for the laptop, that you're on the latest version of Windows 10 (version 2004) and that you're on the latest GPU drivers. Might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them manually using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.

Jul 21, 2020
See if using Intel's XTU and undervolting the processor helps your cause. Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS for the laptop, that you're on the latest version of Windows 10 (version 2004) and that you're on the latest GPU drivers. Might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them manually using the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.
Its a new laptop so is it still possible the BIOS might be outdated already?