Question Low performance on an rtx 3060 with an amd ryzen 5 5600G radeon graphics

Aug 6, 2024
I'm experiencing poor performance in almost all of my games, I've checked my CPU and my GPU temps, and they are all normal. I've seen someone do a benchmark with my same specs and push get 3x the amount of fps I'm getting | RTX 3060 and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon graphics and get more FPS than me. And no, literally nothing could be running in the back, and it will still get low fps. I also have a prebuilt HP omen PC

OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)​

If you were wondering.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Without having to look up and navigate HPs support system, can you provide the following:

CPU: 5600G - What are your typical clock speeds and temperatures?
CPU Cooler: (air or water, rough size, 90mm fan, 120mm fan...)
GPU: RTX 3060 (8GB or 12GB)? GPU clock speed and temperatures?
Memory: Amount and speed? Single stick or two sticks?
Storage: Amount and drive details
PSU size:

You will want to compare your specs to these people with higher FPS. Just having a few of the same components doesn't make for an equal system. You also need to pay very close attention to the in-game settings.

Software you should install while troubleshooting.

Device Manager (Windows)
CPU-Z - CPU and Memory information
GPU-Z - GPU information
Hardware Monitor 64 (Clock speeds and temperatures)

Reactions: Sail0rm00n
Aug 6, 2024
My cpu clock speed is 3.90 GHZ and the the temps usually stay at 50 or 60-c temperature, the cooler is air 90mm fan

My rtx 3060 is a 12GB and its clock speed is 1935 MHZ and a 70-c temperature

The ram speed is at 3467 MT/s and im using 2 sticks and its a 16gb

I have 925GB of free storage.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing stands out as a problem. That means it is likely a software issue. Either they are running different settings, or you have something using up system resources.

Check running processes for excess usage. Consider running an anti-malware tool.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Using the same PSU? It's likely barely able to support what the system came with mind the GPU upgrade.

So difficult to find the specifications since they make a few dozen versions, but as much as a 750W PSU from what I can tell. More typically a 500W which would be adequate.

Only way to get the actual part list is to put the serial number into the HP Support page.

WildCard999

Titan
So difficult to find the specifications since they make a few dozen versions, but as much as a 750W PSU from what I can tell. More typically a 500W which would be adequate.

Only way to get the actual part list is to put the serial number into the HP Support page.
Yeah, I've seen some that are just iGPU and others that came with the RTX 2060.