Question Low Performance with really good PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 18, 2020
Hello! I've been having problems such as low frames/stuttering with my PC for so long.

I've replaced every single part of my PC in order to find where the problem is, but the problems keep on happening.

My Specs:

EVGA 2080ti
ASUS z390-A PRIME
G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB 3200
465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
I9-9900k

-I reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times.
-Optimized Windows 10 (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJBDEDDS5o&t=1777s
)
-Debloated Windows 10
-Unistalled GPU drivers with DDU and installed new ones.
-XMP activated in BIOS
-Good Temperatures

I've tried everything I could, I even sent my 2080ti back to EVGA to get a replacement, got my replacement yesterday and realized it wasn't the GPU's fault.

An example of low performance in my PC is when I play Modern Warfare.

In this certain map (Safehouse) I get low frames, even with ALL my graphics set on Low/Off. The max frames I get are around like 160-70 and the lowest are 80-90.

In this video you can see that this person has the same CPU and GPU and gets more than 300 frames in the same maps and with the same settings as mine. (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw52RIIAyHU&t=82s
)

Here's a screenshot of my Speccy (Idle): https://prnt.sc/qplwwc

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Pretty sure I do, call up any experienced certified technician worth his salt and they will tell you the exact same thing. You can keep your personal files anywhere you wish. The application however has to be installed on the same storage device of the operating system if you are expecting it to make a difference.

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Pretty sure I do, call up any experienced certified technician worth his salt and they will tell you the exact same thing. You can keep your personal files anywhere you wish. The application however has to be installed on the same storage device of the operating system if you are expecting it to make a difference.
That's is not true it is the same hdd or ssd (storage device) it doesn't matter if it was the one that have the operating system installed in it

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
That's is not true it is the same hdd or ssd (storage device) it doesn't matter if it was the one that have the operating system installed in it

🙁..........Its not rocket science. Its based on how fast the device can read and write to and fro system memory. The efficiency at which this is done depends on where the operating system is since its job is to control the flow of data between all components connected to the motherboard, and all this starts with the storage device. But no, I understand, you all have your egos to defend so you can't possibly be wrong. According to you every single certified technician and instructor with tons of experience I've spoken to is incorrect.

WildCard999

Titan
There's no point in arguing in this thread, start a conversation or discussion if you want to further talk about it.

I doubt this has anything to do with the OP's storage as usually the symptoms of poor storage would be more pop in textures/graphics then it would be lower FPS.

@adridcs , have you tried anything else? While I know it may not be the ideal solution as it can be time consuming you may want to just backup any important files and do a clean install of Windows, drivers and your games.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
There's no point in arguing in this thread, start a conversation or discussion if you want to further talk about it.

I doubt this has anything to do with the OP's storage as usually the symptoms of poor storage would be more pop in textures/graphics then it would be lower FPS.

@adridcs , have you tried anything else? While I know it may not be the ideal solution as it can be time consuming you may want to just backup any important files and do a clean install of Windows, drivers and your games.

He said he already did all that though. The only things I can think of that he might not have checked are the programs and services running in the background, and what power settings he has his display set at for his games under display settings.