Question LOW video FPS with LG UltraGear 32" Class QHD: Model 32GN63T-B.AUS ?

Jun 16, 2024
Hi,

I recently purchased a new 1440p hi fps gaming monitor LG UltraGear 32" Class QHD: Model 32GN63T-B.AUS.

It appears to work fine for games but when I am playing back regular videos in the browser, whether youtube or netflix, whether chrome or edge, video playback is at a very choppy fps, it looks like sub-30.

When I shift the browser window to my regular 4k@60fps smart tv, the video runs fluidly (at least 30, maybe above to 60).

But on my fancy gaming monitor all video is choppy... I confirmed that it is set on 120hz and I have also tried its max 165hz. This appears to persist regardless of which GSync mode I have on.

Any ideas why just video playback would have choppy fps on this monitor?

Jun 16, 2024
Hey Roland,

Thanks for the tip! In my chrome the closest such option I see is "Use graphics acceleration when available" and it's already toggled on.

Btw, upon testing a 2nd monitor and getting same results, AND seeing Youtube videos marked as "@60" fps play smoothly in my monitor, I realized the reason it looked smooth on my smart TV is because it has a "Motionrate 240" type feature which interpolates extra frames. Yikes! That makes sense! I've been watching lower fps stuff at a better fluidity cause of the tv feature!

I like the feature and am glad I realized what the culprit was.

Does anyone know if there is a frame upscaling feature for browser videos? I have an nvidia rtx 4060ti and know there is dlss framegen in games.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Does anyone know if there is a frame upscaling feature for browser videos? I have an nvidia rtx 4060ti and know there is dlss framegen in games.
Yes, it's RTX Video Super Resolution, and should be able to work on your system since last driver update.

If you open up NVCP, iut's under 'Adjust Video Settings' and the toggle is on the right hand side.

Last edited: