[LSJ]Question: Spider-Killer and Mask of 1k faces

imagine a situation :

1. Vamp A declares bleed
2. Vamp B declares block
3. Spider Killer plays Mask of 1000 Faces at INFERIOR and continues
bleed

which version is correct : ?

a) action continues at +1 stealth from Spider Killer .. there is no
block and meth controlling vamp B can still increase his int. ?
b) action is blocked and Spider enters combat with B ?
c) Spider killer can play Kiss of Ra ? if the answer is yes to b) ?

I assume Meth controlling Spider can't forfeit SK's "+1 stealth" in
some actions ?

unforgiver wrote:
> imagine a situation :
>
> 1. Vamp A declares bleed
> 2. Vamp B declares block
> 3. Spider Killer plays Mask of 1000 Faces at INFERIOR and continues
> bleed
>
> which version is correct : ?

a). Unless Vamp B can cough up some +1 intercept, the action goes through.

(Note that, were Spider-Killer acting, another minion cannot mask the
action --
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bbb762a2a3ff447b
)

> I assume Meth controlling Spider can't forfeit SK's "+1 stealth" in
> some actions ?

Correct.

--Colin McGuigan

LSJ wrote:
> If it had gotten to the "I'm blocked" stage, though, it would be:
>
> 1. A declares bleed
> 2. B attempts to block.
> 3. A's controller declares the block successful.
> 4. Spider Killer masks.
> 5. Spider Killer enters combat with B.

In a similar vein, could a Black Hand vampire with Dominion play
inferior Mo1KF to take over an action after his controller declared the
block successful? I assume that the blocking minion would not pay a
blood because of the Dominion card in such a circumstance.

(Dominion text: Put this card on a Black Hand vampire. Vampires must
burn 1 blood to attempt to block this Black Hand vampire. A vampire can
have only one Dominion.)

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> If the above happened, at step #4, could minion B play Precognition?
> They have less intercept than the opposing minion has stealth, but, on
> the other hand, the action is already blocked. (I would say yes.)

I would say no, since the minion does not require the intercept.

> Likewise, at step #4, could Spider Killer play Kiss of Ra? (I would say
> no; the Kiss of Ra requires a block attempt, and here, the block is
> already successful.)

Agree, but on the other hand Spider Killer could Mo1KF to take over the
action before the block is successful and play Kiss of Ra even if the
minion attempting to block does not have the necessary intercept to
block once S-K's bonus stealth is taken into account.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> Correct.
>
> If it had gotten to the "I'm blocked" stage, though, it would be:
>
> 1. A declares bleed
> 2. B attempts to block.
> 3. A's controller declares the block successful.
> 4. Spider Killer masks.
> 5. Spider Killer enters combat with B.

Hmmm. Interesting; I didn't think you could interrupt the block like that.

If the above happened, at step #4, could minion B play Precognition?
They have less intercept than the opposing minion has stealth, but, on
the other hand, the action is already blocked. (I would say yes.)

Likewise, at step #4, could Spider Killer play Kiss of Ra? (I would say
no; the Kiss of Ra requires a block attempt, and here, the block is
already successful.)

--Colin McGuigan

k I'll try to ask ina a different way :

From your previous posting - I can :

1) continues the action at +1 stealth
2) declare 'blocked' and enter combat with spider and vamp B

BUT :

What If I WANT to play Kiss of Ra after playing Mask of 1000 Faces
with Spider - Killer .. so what could I do to make this happen - .. ?

( "Kiss of Ra" : Only usable when a vampire who does not have Fortitude
ATTEMPTS to block this acting minion. )
Nyateneri (11:43)
czkeja
Nyateneri (11:43)
zmienie
Nyateneri (11:48)
k tak
Nyateneri (11:48)
k I'll try to ask ina a different way :

From your previous posting - I can :

1) continue the action at +1 stealth
2) declare 'blocked' and enter combat with spider and vamp B

BUT :

What If I WANT to play Kiss of Ra after playing Mask of 1000 Faces
with Spider - Killer .. so what could I do to make this happen - .. ?

( "Kiss of Ra" : Only usable when a vampire who does not have Fortitude
ATTEMPTS to block this acting minion. )

- so in the :

2) situation I can't KoR

but how about the 1)st ? ( if the vamp B doesn't have
necessary +int )

[ I think S-K can play Kiss of Ra because KoR is during the
'attempt' phase and Mask resumes action " The action resumes where it
left off."

.. what do you think .. LSJ ? )

unforgiver wrote:
> What If I WANT to play Kiss of Ra after playing Mask of 1000 Faces
> with Spider - Killer .. so what could I do to make this happen - .. ?

LSJ said you can play Kiss of Ra with Spider Killer after Mask provided
you did not declare the block successful.

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> [Could the blocking minion play interecept after block is declared
> successful, and SK masks?]
> > No.
>
> Could you expound? The blocking minion does have less intercept
> than the acting minion has stealth. In the "Weather Control the
> Raven Spies, then Form of Mist" thread, the stealth/intercept of
> the two minions are compared, even in combat, so I'm not seeing
> what's different about the block attempt.

In the FoM case, the minion is gaining stealth he needs--he is *being*
blocked by a minion with equal or greater stealth. In the Mo1KF case,
the minion is attempting to gain intercept he doesn't need--he is not
*attempting* to block anyone with more stealth than him.

> Tariq bleeds. Frederick the Weak attempts to block. Can Tariq
> play Lost in Crowds, and then immediately play Kiss of Ra?

No, because Fredrick has superior Fortitude as well as Temporis from
the Trophies he got from burning Enkidu and Rabbat. But against a
minion without Fortitude, yes.

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>
>> Correct.
>>
>> If it had gotten to the "I'm blocked" stage, though, it would be:
>>
>> 1. A declares bleed
>> 2. B attempts to block.
>> 3. A's controller declares the block successful.
>> 4. Spider Killer masks.
>> 5. Spider Killer enters combat with B.
>
> Hmmm. Interesting; I didn't think you could interrupt the block like that.
>
> If the above happened, at step #4, could minion B play Precognition?
> They have less intercept than the opposing minion has stealth, but, on
> the other hand, the action is already blocked. (I would say yes.)

No.

> Likewise, at step #4, could Spider Killer play Kiss of Ra? (I would say
> no; the Kiss of Ra requires a block attempt, and here, the block is
> already successful.)

Correct.
Of course, Spider Killer's controller would then have simply omitted the
"I'm blocked" portion of the program.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
[Could the blocking minion play interecept after block is declared
successful, and SK masks?]
> No.

Could you expound? The blocking minion does have less intercept than
the acting minion has stealth. In the "Weather Control the Raven Spies,
then Form of Mist" thread, the stealth/intercept of the two minions are
compared, even in combat, so I'm not seeing what's different about the
block attempt.

[Could SK play Kiss of Ra after masking?]

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4b08cee181ef5e58

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Colin McGuigan wrote:
>>LSJ wrote:
>>[Could the blocking minion play interecept after block is declared
>>successful, and SK masks?]
>>
>>>No.
>>
>>Could you expound? The blocking minion does have less intercept
>>than the acting minion has stealth. In the "Weather Control the
>>Raven Spies, then Form of Mist" thread, the stealth/intercept of
>>the two minions are compared, even in combat, so I'm not seeing
>>what's different about the block attempt.
>
> In the FoM case, the minion is gaining stealth he needs--he is *being*
> blocked by a minion with equal or greater stealth. In the Mo1KF case,
> the minion is attempting to gain intercept he doesn't need--he is not
> *attempting* to block anyone with more stealth than him.

Mostly it's just because most reactions can only be played before
resolution. Others (Obedience, Cats' Guidance) say so explicitly.