Question m.2 disk is not visible in UEFI

Jul 2, 2024
Hello. I bought a new m.2 Lexar nm790 drive with a capacity of 2TB:

and installed it on the Asrock B450 gaming K4 fatality board:

https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4

Unfortunately, the disk is not visible in UEFI, both in the 1st slot (1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4) and the second slot (PCIe Gen3 x2).

I disconnected all other SATA connectors to be sure, updated the bios to the latest version 10.8, disabled CSM and Secure Boot.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the drive to not be visible? Is it possible that the nm790 disk is incompatible with my motherboard? I will add that the board works without any problems with the nm 620 1TB disk.

+ this disk are not damaged, because i tested it on my PS5 and it works fine.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

updated the bios to the latest version 10.8
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version? Even if your NVMe is PCIe4.0x4, it'll work on the M.2 slots but will be operating at PCIe3.0 speeds.

Reactions: Forion
Jul 2, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

updated the bios to the latest version 10.8
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version? Even if your NVMe is PCIe4.0x4, it'll work on the M.2 slots but will be operating at PCIe3.0 speeds.
Yes, i pulled out battery for +- 10minutes and still drive is not visible in UEFI.
your m2 drive is not compatible with your mainboard, due to drive having slightly different wiring than M2 drive should have

https://www.asrock.com/support/qa/Technical NNotes - Storage Device Compatibility.pdf
nm620 is also on this list, and it works perfectly fine on my board. I actually use this ssd.

i tried also run only 1 slot for new ssd, but it's still not visible.

Jul 2, 2024
I solved disk problem, but I am not completely satisfied.

The disk appeared correctly for me in the BIOS, only after inserting it into the second m.2 slot (3.0 x2) and turning on the function as in the screenshot. (Advanced -> Storage configuration -> Force M2_2 to support PCIe type device).

Additionally, CMS and Secure Boot are enabled.

I have no idea why disk doesn't want to work in the first slot, but in any case it is a relatively satisfied solution. The disk in this slot only works at a limited speed as in the screenshot.

1.thumb.png.9c1ad798a7e47adcba4ec17b2b5fe045.png

2.thumb.png.a296330fa3db9a062f0d75e8ba1fb9a8.png

3.png.74d05befdd24e732797712d2114f9ba6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thel1ron