Question M.2 Not running at full speed after format and reinstall of OS

HnyBear

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I was running my board in Intel raid mode and getting 2500MBs on my m.2 drive but I switched it to AHCI and formatted the drive and reinstalled windows, now it's only getting around 800MBs. I can't figure out what's going on with it. No hardware has been changed or switched around. Literally just a bios change and format and new install of windows 11 pro 64bit. I'm running the below hardware and have attached a couple SS for reference. Any Help is very much appreciated.

1. Intel Core i9-11900K
  2. Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
  3. ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
adata.jpg

Last edited:
I was running my board in Intel raid mode and getting 2500MBs on my m.2 drive but I switched it to AHCI and formatted the drive and reinstalled windows, now it's only getting around 800MBs. I can't figure out what's going on with it. No hardware has been changed or switched around. Literally just a bios change and format and new install of windows 11 pro 64bit. I'm running the below hardware and have attached a couple SS for reference. Any Help is very much appreciated.

1. Intel Core i9-11900K
  2. Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
  3. ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280
adata.jpg
Proper bios and mobo drivers?

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
A) The Temperature parameters of an Nvme SSD are tightly packed since data transferred by flow of electrons.
B) Once try idling in BIOS for 10 sec and boot (issue resolved?)
C)Try disabling fast boot utility

HnyBear

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I gave one last thing a shot, I completely reset the BIOS and viola the drive magically starts running at full speed again... Weird thing is nothing changed in the setting on the bios it was already set to default. I'm not sure what happened but it had to be something stuck from switching from Intel RST / Optane to AHCI. Just figured I'd post this incase anyone else has this issue.