Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2018
It all starts when I started defragging my ssd. I didn't pay attention and instead of selecting my hdd I selected my ssd and quickly canceled it. That messed up my windows I am guessing. Next day I turn on my pc it boots into windows, I type my pin, it says it's wrong I click on forgot my password and it went back to login screen, nothing popped up. After some seconds, blue screen. Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you (I'm sure you will). Stop Code is machine check exception. I tried to format it after this, it deleted everything but I got error message and it didn't finish formatting. I tried deleting the partitions, got error messages every time. So I restart my pc get into windows install from USB stick, the ssd missing but the 3tb hdd is there. Couldn't install windows on it, no idea why. I tried converting it to mbr couldn't do it, tried clean, make partition etc, activate and got error that it's not mbr, go figure. Tried converting to every option and I got error every single time like the hdd is idk ?non existent? I got my sata ssd from my old pc, thank God it works on it and I can use windows. I took out my ram sticks changed slots, right now I only have one stick on it just to test many ways to get my m.2 ssd to work but nothing. Same for the ssd, I put it on the 2nd slot, nothing, cleaned dust, nothing. So, every time I turn off psu and do whatever I do, the first boot is really slow, motherboard red light on boot, I go into bios I see my ssd on nvme controller but not on sata idk if that's normal. I plug my old ssd and now it's only my m.2 ssd and my old one on port0. I let it boot on the first time thinking I'll go into windows and delete the partitions from the m.2 but nope, blue screen with the machine check exception stop code. That's what I'm looking at right now. How can I save it?

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 0 HD3P ATX
512GB WD Black PCIe SSD

Edit
I forgot to mention that the m.2 doesn't show anywhere after first boot. I can see it only on the first boot, like if I restart, I won't see it.

May 15, 2018

I can't get into windows on first boot. I get the blue screen.

May 15, 2018

I'm using Ubuntu and the ssd isn't showing up

hektiik

Great
Apr 3, 2018

Is your BIOS updated to the latest version?

May 15, 2018

No, I can't even do that. Been trying this whole day. I get the oemidmismatch error message while I Q-Flash. @Bios gives error too. I don't know what to do anymore

Feb 13, 2022
Start a new question. You probably don't have the same problem, and your configuration is probably a lot more different.

Here in this forum, it is not accepted as a good practice to revive old questions.
Hi, sorry about that
I don't speak English very well but then I translate the paragraph and I'm sure I have a problem matching it exactly
Anyway, thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.