Sep 6, 2024
Hi, I was away from my computer for about 6 months and after setting up my computer again, I noticed that one of my two SSDs shows as unallocated. I use this M.2 drive as my secondary drive, with the other SSD being my boot drive.

I tried going through a couple of forums of people with similar issues, but am haphazard to follow some instructions as my case is not exactly the same. I'm also worried that because of the time in between my last use of the PC, the data may be unrecoverable. I tried running testdisk and it says the structure was Ok, but I ran into errors when initially analyzing the partition.

Given that my BIOS mode is UEFI and my other drive was GPT, I figured that my second drive would also be GPT. (Note that testdisk is not able to accurately guess the partition type).

I also tried looking at the partition in DMDE, but I'm not seeing much data there... Hoping this doesn't imply all my data is lost, and that I am just doing something wrong lol. Currently running a full volume scan with test disk to see if it just isn't showing the data on the quick search.

If possible, I would really like to recover the data and not format / initialize it with new data. The information on the drive isn't important enough for me to consult and pay for a drive recovery service, but enough for me to want to fix this without losing the data.