Question Strange graphics issue

Sep 6, 2024
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me with a graphics issue that has started to occur recently.

This happens in games and also edge, it will randomly freeze a portion of the window, so for example i will be scroling this forum then all of a suddon it will freeze a portion of the screen, sometimes small sometimes big. In games i have had it freeze the whole screen bar a few mm at the bottom, so i can see the game is still working in the background. It takes a few clicks of opening a menu to get it to unfreeze.

i'm running an MSI 4080 suprim with a 1000 watt corsair psu, the rest of my pc is a little older however (due to upgrade this year), i7 8800, 32gb ram. nothing seems abnormal in terms of temps/useage when it happens.

Thanks to any and all responses un trying to help pinpoint the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i'm running an MSI 4080 suprim with a 1000 watt corsair psu, the rest of my pc is a little older however (due to upgrade this year), i7 8800, 32gb ram. nothing seems abnormal in terms of temps/useage when it happens.
Corsair is the brand of the POSU while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the PSU and how old is the unit?

Since your build is aged, did you run DDU prior to replacing your discrete GPU with the RTX4080, manually installing the latest Nvidia driver in an elevated command?