[SOLVED] M&C buttons for RGB not working on Lancool 2 Mesh RGB.

Aug 29, 2020
I just put together my first PC for my son - he's currently gaming to his heart's content.
Only one problem, the M & C functions w/ the case are non-functional.
All 3 front fans that come with the case spin, but no RGB control

The wiring for the M & C functions have a plug that I inserted into the 5V RGB header on the motherboard, but I did not connect the SATA cable to the PSU b/c of what the website says (which is not noted in the manual)

Website: Note! If your motherboard doesn’t have any 5V addressable RGB headers, make sure to connect the SATA cable connecting the hub to the the power supply and use the C and M buttons to control the lighting effects.
https://www.lian-li.com/lancool-ii-mesh-rgb/

Do I need to plug the SATA into the PSU? I didn't do it b/c of the website and wasn't sure if I had both the wires connected to the 5V and PSU if that was too much power.

Thank you!

System:
-LanCool 2 Mesh RGB
-Gigabyte z490 aorus ultra MB
-i7 10th Gen
-Nvidia 2070 Super
-Samsung EVO + SSD
-TEAM 2x16 GB RAM
-Cosair ICue H100i PRO XT
-Cosair RBG fan x3
-Cosair PSU Rm 750x

Last edited:
Solution
Hi yes I got it to work... Plugging SATA to the PSU powers the controls for the M &C buttons while the other wire that plugs into the 5v powers the rgb on the fan. So with both plugged in, I got everything to work. Hope that helps. Let me know if you got it to work.
Aug 29, 2020
(sorry if this is a repeat post, but the one I just posted disappeared)

I just build my first PC for my son and he's currently gaming to his heart's content.
However, one hiccup is that the RGB fan lights on the LanCool 2 Mesh RGB case are not responding when the M or C buttons are pressed.
The 3 fans are spinning w/ the stated RPMs, just no RGB functionality.

I connected the wire to the 5V, but did not connect the SATA to the PSU b/c of what the website said - see below:
Note!
If your motherboard doesn’t have any 5V addressable RGB headers, make sure to connect the SATA cable connecting the hub to the the power supply and use the C and M buttons to control the lighting effects.

That led me to think I should do one or the other, not both. Do I need to have the SATA cable connected to the PSU supply too?

Thank you in advance!

System:
-Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra
-i7 10700k
-Nvidia 2070 super
-Corsair Icue H100i Pro XT
-Samsung EVO+
-Team 2x16GB RAm
-Corsair RGB fans x3

Sep 19, 2020
(sorry if this is a repeat post, but the one I just posted disappeared)

I just build my first PC for my son and he's currently gaming to his heart's content.
However, one hiccup is that the RGB fan lights on the LanCool 2 Mesh RGB case are not responding when the M or C buttons are pressed.
The 3 fans are spinning w/ the stated RPMs, just no RGB functionality.

I connected the wire to the 5V, but did not connect the SATA to the PSU b/c of what the website said - see below:
Note!
If your motherboard doesn’t have any 5V addressable RGB headers, make sure to connect the SATA cable connecting the hub to the the power supply and use the C and M buttons to control the lighting effects.

That led me to think I should do one or the other, not both. Do I need to have the SATA cable connected to the PSU supply too?

Thank you in advance!

System:
-Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra
-i7 10700k
-Nvidia 2070 super
-Corsair Icue H100i Pro XT
-Samsung EVO+
-Team 2x16GB RAm
-Corsair RGB fans x3

Hi did you ever solve this. I have an Asus Prime Pro x570 board, I plugged in the addressable header to my board, I tried with and without sata, without no lights at all with , i hit the C then M 8 times, the 8th position just turns off the colors. Its very annoying to say the least :)

Aug 29, 2020
Hi yes I got it to work... Plugging SATA to the PSU powers the controls for the M &C buttons while the other wire that plugs into the 5v powers the rgb on the fan. So with both plugged in, I got everything to work. Hope that helps. Let me know if you got it to work.

Solution