bachabaloo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
Can anyone tell me if this drive actually supports M-Disc???
Recently I wanted to archive some photos and files so I bought this on New Egg .
Pioneer 6x BDR-XS06 External Blu-ray Burner+100GB Verbatim M-Disc BDXL+Software
I assumed this Drive would support M-Disc but the documentation and specs say nothing about M-Disc support. I decided to try anyhow and hooked it up. Windows 10 read the M - disc and I can write to it also. This still leaves me worried because I want it to securely archive my data on the M-Disc and no one will tell me if this drive actually supports it.

bachabaloo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
Seems like you've answered your own question?

If you want to be extra sure, you can write something to the M Disc and then read it using a different optical drive (you shouldn't need a special drive for reading M Discs).
Seems like you've answered your own question?

If you want to be extra sure, you can write something to the M Disc and then read it using a different optical drive (you shouldn't need a special drive for reading M Discs).

I guess I did didn't I. I more so was questioning in my head if I wrote to this disc and the drive didn't support it would the M-Disc part work proper. After I read how they are made and work I realized its the material they are made of and not the software for M-Disc. Now I am going to Burn a few discs and see how they read on other drives.

Reactions: TJ Hooker