M5A99FX PRO R2.0 solid red DRAM, VGA LED

Feb 3, 2019
i just bought a gaming pc from a facebook friend, specs
asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
motherboard
PSU: corsair tx650
GeForce 960 gaming card
seagate 500mb harddrive
now when i got the pc he said i need to reset the computer. i did. it got to 27 percent and froze and crashed. now it have only been able to access the bios menu 3 times out of 100 tries before it just freezes and i have to try again. i have reseeated the ram, reset cmos, reseating gaming card, using different ram sticks and now ive created a profile just to figure out whats wrong. please help!

Feb 3, 2019

through the windows 10 options of resetting computer. it said it would wipe drive and install windows 10 from a flashdrive, which i had plugged in. it seems to switch between the vga led on the motherboard and the DRAM led. idk what to do.

Feb 3, 2019

i just went out and bout a new 100 dollar 8gb ram stick from best buy and it still shows the light. the original ram are 2 4gb patriot vipers.

Feb 3, 2019

the solid red DRAM light.
i dont understand how last night it booted properly and allowed me to reset computer. but since it froze halfway through the reset im guessing something got messed up. i just need to know how to get it running

Feb 3, 2019

ive been in contact with a local tech. hes gonna come look at it tomorrow. was hoping for a last ditch effort before spending more money on this.

Feb 3, 2019

i spoke with the tech, actually two techs. because i have got to the bios menu a handful of times before it freezes, they think that its an issue with the motherboard. when i initially reset the pc, it loaded to 27 percent before crashing so they think something went wrong and bricked the motherboard. so at this point i have no spare motherboard, im probably going to try to get my money back for the puchase.

Feb 3, 2019
I just got a new corsair 750 PSU because i saw on another post that someone with the same mobo had the same red DRAM led showing and a new PSU fixed it. It did not fix it for me. The problem im going with is the mobo is bricked