[SOLVED] Macbook air 13in 2015...half dead from water damage?

Jan 19, 2021
TLDR at the end

I have a macbook air 2015 13in model a1466 . I got it through someone who said it was broken cause of a salsa spill. After taking it apart and looking through the components the only ones that showed any sign of liquid damage were the i/o board to logic board ribbon cable, and a couple of small marks on the back of the logic board itself. I didn't have high hopes but i got some 99% alcohol and started cleaning. I replaced the ribbon cable and and cleaned the marks as best I could. None of the other parts showed any signs of damage, all of the little indicators are still white too.

I put the laptop back together, turned it on, was able to get it to boot to the desktop where it froze entirely after a few minutes of seeing what was left of the guys data. I shut it off after a minute or so of it being frozen. It wouldnt turn back on no matter what I tried. I unplugged the battery from the logic board, tried resetting the SMC and anything else I could find online. After a month or so I came back and tried again, the same thing. It would boot to the desktop, I was even able to open the web browser and get to google. Then after maybe 3 minutes it froze and wont turn back on again. The charging light on the power cord flashes green when plugged in then changes to amber. No matter how long I leave it plugged in for, it stays amber. Any ideas on what I can do. Im trying to avoid an entire logic board replacement as that would cost as much as a refurbished machine itself.
Any help would be really appreciated thanks!

TLDR: I have a macbook air 13in 2015 model a1466 that boots to the desktop, runs for about 3 minutes, then freezes and becomes entirely unresponsive

Solution
I'd say get a used I/O Board off eBay , Apple Part # 923-0439. They're only about $35.

It's either that or the logic board. Which is probably too much to bother with. At that point the case parts, battery and display assembly have value.
Jan 19, 2021
I'd say get a used I/O Board off eBay , Apple Part # 923-0439. They're only about $35.

It's either that or the logic board. Which is probably too much to bother with. At that point the case parts, battery and display assembly have value.

Yeah I'm probably gonna look into that, I just think its weird that it'll boot for a few minutes and just freeze.