[SOLVED] Macrium Reflect imaging troubles

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
I've got a W10 installation striped across two 120GB SSDs that I'm trying to image onto an SM961 using MR. The image creates and restores without errors, but Windows bluescreens on boot, complaining about missing \system32\drivers\spaceport.sys. I tried creating a new image after making sure spaceport.sys was in \system32\drivers, but no dice. Windows lived perfectly happily on an M8Pe on this board (MSI Z170-A PRO) in the past, and will install fresh onto the 961 without complaint. Any thoughts?

Solution
Yuo need to use the restore to dissimilar hardware option. I'm not sure if that included with the free version. not only are you changing from raid to a single drive, you are changing drive controller & drivers.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
Yuo need to use the restore to dissimilar hardware option. I'm not sure if that included with the free version. not only are you changing from raid to a single drive, you are changing drive controller & drivers.

Didn't see that option, but may not have looked hard enough. If nothing else, I can do another trial of the full version.

I'm not necessarily dead-set on using MR for this, and am willing to try other migration methods.

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
Just an opinion that Macrium Reflect can do what any imaging program can do and then some.
A clean install kept as baseline is always a good idea.
I apologize for this trivia nd note you marked it solved. I just have had so much success with Macrium I wanted to save you some extra browsing. Free offers reliable system imaging but paid offers the frills you need in a situation like yours.
I found Acronis to be capable but Macrium to be more intuitive and with better support.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
Just an opinion that Macrium Reflect can do what any imaging program can do and then some.
A clean install kept as baseline is always a good idea.
I apologize for this trivia nd note you marked it solved. I just have had so much success with Macrium I wanted to save you some extra browsing. Free offers reliable system imaging but paid offers the frills you need in a situation like yours.
I found Acronis to be capable but Macrium to be more intuitive and with better support.

I use MR Free with great success. But as mentioned above, what I'm trying to do only works (AFAICT) with the paid version, which I'm not too keen on paying for at list price.