[SOLVED] Making sure parts fit for new pc build

6reenranger

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Hello,

After some advise given to me on this site I have made a parts list for my new pc that I'm building. So my questions are do these parts work well together? Are they going to fit inside the case that I currently have listed on the parts list? and will the power supply I currently have on the list be sufficient in powering the machine for long periods of work and gaming. Appreciate any insight you can give me on this matter, thanks for all the help. Parts list below

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jrgZRT

Solution
I didn't realize that about the wifi thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look into the parts list!
In fact since you have a 840 SSD I figure the rest of the PC is that old also. It would be a good time to go ahead and replace the drives and power supply also.

A tip on the motherboard install it and connect the CPU power cables before installing the CPU cooler.

Still less than you were spending leaving money for the WIFI card if you need one. Everything new but the case.

EDIT also changed the memory to LPX to fit under the cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | $377.77 @ Adorama
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM...

6reenranger

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Ok thanks for the advise. The reason I have those specific drives on the list, is because this machine recently bit the dust and those along with the case and power supply are the things I could salvage from it. Also I would like to get a rtx 3xxx though I was advised to go with the 2xxx because of all of the shortages. But If I could find one that would be the kind that I choose.

USAFRet

Titan
Ok thanks for the advise. The reason I have those specific drives on the list, is because this machine recently bit the dust and those along with the case and power supply are the things I could salvage from it. Also I would like to get a rtx 3xxx though I was advised to go with the 2xxx because of all of the shortages. But If I could find one that would be the kind that I choose.
The 860 EVO is just the most recent iteration of the 8XX line.
A current 250GB 860 EVO is only $50, and a direct replacement for the old 840 EVO.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't realize that about the wifi thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look into the parts list!
In fact since you have a 840 SSD I figure the rest of the PC is that old also. It would be a good time to go ahead and replace the drives and power supply also.

A tip on the motherboard install it and connect the CPU power cables before installing the CPU cooler.

Still less than you were spending leaving money for the WIFI card if you need one. Everything new but the case.

EDIT also changed the memory to LPX to fit under the cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | $377.77 @ Adorama
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler | $89.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard | MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $174.99 @ B&H
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $114.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $178.89 @ Amazon
Storage | Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $62.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Western Digital WD Green 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive |-
Storage | Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS GP OC Video Card | $519.99 @ Newegg
Case | NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $129.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive | Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer | $19.98 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1724.53
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-23 18:11 EDT-0400 |

Solution