Matebook 13 vs Matebook X pro

May 11, 2019
Hi guys, i am looking to buy a matebook x pro (i7 16gb ram 2018 version) for about 1000 usd on second hand market, but it has no warranty, I can only test it when the courier arrives with the package and I am not sure if I will be able to discover something that's wrong with it in the time he is waiting for me.

On the other hand, i could buy with around 800usd a matebook 13 (i5 8gb ram) with 4 years of warranty. I will be using my laptop for web developing, daily browsing, watching netflix and studying so i don't need that much horsepower that the X pro has but I want to future proof myself and also i have a desktop pc ( i7 8700 16 gb ram 1080ti) for gaming and higher demanding tasks.

And by the way, there is no i5 x pro version for sale in my country, not even on second hand market so those are my options, the i7 x pro costs around 1700usd for new and i don't feel too good spending that much money on a laptop. Also, if i were to choose the x pro, what should i look for when it arrives?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
You better get the Huawei Matebook 13 with 4 years warranty.

It should be ok for your needs.

There is not much difference between the latest gen i5 and i7 mobile processors and you wouldn't need more than 8 GB of RAM for that kind of use.

If you are familiar with mac, then Apple Macbook Air 13 could be a good alternative.

Reactions: ewald30
May 11, 2019
You better get the Huawei Matebook 13 with 4 years warranty.

It should be ok for your needs.

There is not much difference between the latest gen i5 and i7 mobile processors and you wouldn't need more than 8 GB of RAM for that kind of use.

If you are familiar with mac, then Apple Macbook Air 13 could be a good alternative.
Thank you for your reply, I'm not familiar at all with macOS and although I would like to try a macbook, I fell in love with the aspect ratio that these two ultrabooks have.