Question Matherboard bent socket pin

xpsykogfx

Commendable
Jan 24, 2019
Hello, I noticed my motherboard seems to have one bent pin on the socket, it's really hard for me to see since I don't have a magnifying glass.
I took some pictures to try and see it better but my phone doesn't show it too well either.
It's pretty late for me now so I'll buy a magnifying glass in the morning and check better.
Here is the weird thing, I wanted to test if it would work anyways so I turned on the PC and at first I got 5 short beeps, which would indicate CPU error, however it restarted and then turned on fine. I ran the Intel processor diagnosis tool and all tests passed.
I am waiting for a new PC case which will arrive monday, would it be okay to wait till then to try and unbend the pin once i have tools?

Here are the pictures I took of it View: https://imgur.com/a/oPnGamA

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
There are plenty of videos about doing this. The most common "tool" I see utilized is a toothpick, a magnifying glass, and lot of patience with a steady hand. One pin shouldn't be much of a problem, just don't break it off or damage others in the process.

USAFRet

Titan
From one of my systems a few years ago:

Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png

xpsykogfx

Commendable
Jan 24, 2019
Alrighty thank you for the advice! I hope it's not broken though, from the images it's hard to see it's golden tip.
Seems to be CFG[19] according to the schematics, I wonder what the pin does.