MAX HDD for SY-6BB MOBO?

I have heard that it is 32 GB. If I get a 60 GB HDD, can I partition
it so that the MOBO will see all of the HDD? (i.e 2 30 GB parts)

Thanks,

Jim

You can use ANY large size hard drive with the MB, you just MUST use
the drivers that come with the drive!

Pupster <yokopup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<kgblq05j25il1urkvbul3d11ct2aakg43q@4ax.com>...
> I have heard that it is 32 GB. If I get a 60 GB HDD, can I partition
> it so that the MOBO will see all of the HDD? (i.e 2 30 GB parts)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Soyo support article S1028 lists the max hard drive size as 32G. This is
what the board bios will support. You will need to get some type of
"disk manager" software from the drive maker to use the whole 60gig. Maxtor,
Western Digital and others have the utilities available on their websites.

Andy

Pupster wrote:

> I have heard that it is 32 GB. If I get a 60 GB HDD, can I partition
> it so that the MOBO will see all of the HDD? (i.e 2 30 GB parts)

It was for my SY-6BB v. 1.0, and that was the max for all the
partitions combined. Soyo said that it couldn't be improved because
the BIOS chip was too small, but Rainbow over at www.wimsbios.com
patched it for me so that it works directly with drives as large as
137GB. You may be able to find a patched BIOS for your motherboard
over at http://wims.rainbow-software.org or www.jan-hill.com. I don't
know if you can use one meant for the SY-6BB v. 1.0; this mobo adds a
jumper for the AGP clock divider to prevent overclocking the AGP when
the memory bus is set to 100 MHz, but how else it differs is beyond me.

If you have a spare PCI slot, www.acortech.com has $13 PCI IDE RAID
controllers (parallel and serial) for $13, delivered (mention coupon
code "pricewatch"), and they'll support drives roughly as large as a
million times 137GB and allow Win98-ME to fully use them.

TRENDING THREADS