[SOLVED] Max Overclock For Amd FX 8350?

Jun 30, 2020
I just wanna know the max possible overclock i can get on Fx 8350. I have Currently a M55a99fx MOBO and planning on getting
PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE cpu cooler. Do you think I can get 5.0ghz and if not Whatdo you think I possibly could get.

Solution
The maximum guaranteed frequencies are 4.0GHz with a 4.2GHz turbo. Overclocking is, by definition, working outside that range. So there is no way to tell what you might achieve. You might not get anything faster and you might actually double that speed. It is dependent upon the specific piece of silicon with which you are working.

Let us know what you end up with.
The maximum guaranteed frequencies are 4.0GHz with a 4.2GHz turbo. Overclocking is, by definition, working outside that range. So there is no way to tell what you might achieve. You might not get anything faster and you might actually double that speed. It is dependent upon the specific piece of silicon with which you are working.

Solution
Jun 30, 2020

thank you. Will do

Jun 30, 2020

also will delidding possible help

also will delidding possible help
Delidding FX is not going to change anything, it's not Intel. Polishing and burnishing CPU would hep a little. Combo you have is most probably let you OC to about 4.5-4.6GHz. easily. Closer to 5GHz would need better MB and water cooler as it will possibly need at least 1.5v+.
5GHz would already make it FX 9590 any we all know what a pig it is.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jun 30, 2020
Delidding FX is not going to change anything, it's not Intel. Polishing and burnishing CPU would hep a little. Combo you have is most probably let you OC to about 4.5-4.6GHz. easily. Closer to 5GHz would need better MB and water cooler as it will possibly need at least 1.5v+.
5GHz would already make it FX 9590 any we all know what a pig it is.
you say water cooling, like aio or custom loop. also i heard the noctua nh d-15 is equivalent or even better than some aio's. could i get better performance if use the noctua nh d-15??

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Water cooling's only downside is that there's no air blowing over the VRMs. The ASRock 970 Extreme4 board I have has, in its CPU support list, an asterisk next to any CPUs higher than 95W, and says that air cooling is preferred to make sure that there's airflow over the VRMs.

Not sure, but it's possible your motherboard's VRMs might require the same sort of extra cooling when running high clocks.

Reactions: Phaaze88

TRENDING THREADS