I'm using XP pro. When I maximize a child window e.g. a
window inside Excel, it fills the parent window, but the
title bar is still visible and it can still be resized.
The title bar is supposed to disappear, and the title of
the window should appear in the title bar of the parent
window. Also, a maximized window should not be
resizable. Is there a way to fix this?

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:41:46 -0700, Johannes wrote:

> I'm using XP pro. When I maximize a child window e.g. a
> window inside Excel, it fills the parent window, but the
> title bar is still visible and it can still be resized.
> The title bar is supposed to disappear, and the title of
> the window should appear in the title bar of the parent
> window. Also, a maximized window should not be
> resizable. Is there a way to fix this?

You'll want to double check in the Excel newsgroups but I believe the
behavior you're seeing is due to settings within Excel. Look for settings
that relate to how multiple open Excel files will be displayed.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi Sharon,
No the problem is there in all applications, including
Visual Basic 6.0

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:39:54 -0700, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
> No the problem is there in all applications, including
> Visual Basic 6.0

I don't know what to tell you then. I've never seen a maximized window that
was resizable.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User